Help! I need to go out...what will I eat???

Options
I'm out with the kids at the weekend, just had a wake up call and am watching my diet. Had planned to have fish and chips while we were out in Matlock (lights and fireworks). What do I do now because I can't eat that! Don't suppose the kids would want a pack-up, I could do one just for myself...would that be a bit odd? What would I make myself? Any suggestions would be welcome thanks :)

Replies

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Sausage and chips?
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm out with the kids at the weekend, just had a wake up call and am watching my diet. Had planned to have fish and chips while we were out in Matlock (lights and fireworks). What do I do now because I can't eat that! Don't suppose the kids would want a pack-up, I could do one just for myself...would that be a bit odd? What would I make myself? Any suggestions would be welcome thanks :)
    No, don't ruin everybody's day with boring food.
    Have your fish and chips.
    Enjoy your evening, and go for a walk afterward.

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Of course you can eat fish and chips just have a smaller portion and enjoy your night. It's one day and one meal there will be many others and you need to learn you can have these things in moderation
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Or, you could substitute a salad/veggies for the chips.
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I am with the others. You should enjoy your fish and chips. Maybe just eat half. Or get fish and not chips. Ask for carrots/celery sticks as a side if they have it. Or bring your own veggies to have with your meal. And do a little extra exercise. You CAN enjoy a night out and not derail your diet. 1 meal isn't going to kill you. Just get back on with it tomorrow. Have fun with your family! :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Don't pack food to take. Eating out and at people's houses is going to be part of your life. If you're going to be successful you need to learn to work those occasions into your plan.

What I would do is to work whatever you'd like to have into your calories/macros for the day and adjust the rest of your day accordingly. You could also try choosing lighter options from the menu-- what's available will depend on the restaurant but in general choose grilled instead of fried and avoid cream sauces and dressings.
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Ask for a child's portion of fish and chips if you can -- that's what I do when I have fish and chips. It's cheaper as well! Or skip the fish and just have a cone of chips. You could walk from Matlock to Matlock Bath and back again as well to burn some of it off. :)
  • RosieLoo24
    RosieLoo24 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Make sure you enjoy your night. Don't be too worried about calories etc. one night is not going to be the death of your diet.
  • Tim_Simons
    Tim_Simons Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can still enjoy the food. Don't over eat that's it especially if you're about to sleep or no further activity.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Pre-log your day's food, or exercise before your outing and do a little more to compensate for the fish and chips. Or just enjoy your day and pick up where you left off the next day. Enjoy the special days and holidays, just get back on track the next day!
  • jmaidan
    jmaidan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want. Just adjust your eating so that your calories balance :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Why would you NOT be able to eat something? You should not have to give up anything, you just need to use moderation.
  • annfoster06
    annfoster06 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you all it has helped put things into perspective! Had a bit of a panic attack I think. Yes you are all right I should enjoy in moderation and adjust for the day. Thanks again <3
  • LinOtt
    LinOtt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Silly sausage! Eat what is going just less and skip those high cal snacks. You can't stop living life! Just cultivate new habits