8 and a half months

Options
Hi all,

It's been 8 and a half months since I decided enough was enough and to beat bulimia. I haven't looked back since and I feel like a completely different person. I no longer purge, I no longer binge and I no longer link food to my emotions, I've literally never been happier.

Obviously my weight went up quite rapidly, but with the help of exercise and eating healthily I was able to get to a weight I felt better about and I was starting to like my body.

The problem is, since I've been back from holiday I've found it hard to get the motivation to exercise. I still would like to get down to about 8 and a half stone (I'm currently about 9 and a half and never gone above 9 stone 13) and just wondered if anyone could give me some tips to get my motivation back/lose weight healthily and slowly.

Many thanks in advance x

P.S. I love Jillian Michaels and her dvd's were what helped me to start shaping my body.

Replies

• dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Take baby steps. Start with a long walk. I'm sure you are out and about at least once a day so use that for your long walk. It's easy and you don't have to have exercise gear.
  • MacCroc
    MacCroc Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Do sports, especially weights. Building up strong muscules allowes you to eat much more, even on your days off the gym, without putting on weight. Also, it makes you feel much better in the same weight because your body feels so much tighter and stronger.
    I am a recovering bulimic too, feel free to add me if you need some support :)
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    It's all about establishing the daily behaviors that overtime, will get you to your goals. Set appropriate calorie and macro goals. Exercise with intensity 5-6 days/week. Eat mostly healthy foods. If you work on making these things a reality and give them the time and consistency to work, you'll get to your goals for sure.

Also, find a good support group that will help motivate and encourage you to stay the course. I help to run a great support group on Facebook for people looking to improve their health and fitness. It's just a bunch of people supporting and encouraging each other to make progress towards their goals. It's an awesome community. If you're interested in it, I'd be glad to chat with you about it.

Allan