Big Victory for Me Today!

Hi everyone! I'm Abbey, and I'm a sophomore in college. I've struggled with me weight all my life, and I've been at every end of the spectrum from eating 600 calories a day to being borderline obese and eating more for social and emotional reasons than to fuel my body. Finally, at the end of this past July, I got tired of being at an unhealthy weight and I decided to download MFP and stick to it.

The first time I lost weight, I lost 20 pounds in 2 months, no doubt from the whole 600 calorie a day thing (not to mention I often tried to burn 600 calories in the same day so my net was about 0). Needless to say, that weight loss didn't last long. I ended up on the opposite end of the spectrum at 155 lbs. on my 5'2" frame this summer. This time, I am going at it more sensibly. I still don't tend to eat back most of my exercise calories because I like having a little room for error, but I never ever go under the 1200 minimum set on MFP, which honestly is a big deal for me.

Now...to the actual victory...this morning I stepped on the scale and weighed in at 135.2 lbs., putting me in the normal weight BMI range in the first time in I don't even know how long. I still have about 15 pounds I would like to lose to get me comfortably into this range, but I am so pleased with my progress and how I have gone about achieving it up to this point. I owe MFP a lot, especially these forums, which I go to regularly to look for nutrition and fitness advice. I also looooove reading the success stories, and I look forward to posting my GW success story in the next few months. :smiley:

Replies

• TeeA86
    TeeA86 Posts: 102 Member
    Congrats!! You're doing awesome! Good luck for the rest of the way!
  • jrek521
    jrek521 Posts: 25 Member
    Way to go!!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Congratulations! That is fantastic news- good luck on the rest of your journey!!
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Good Job. Keep up the good work.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Yey! I love your new plan. But it really is ok to eat back some of your exercise calories!
  • conita667
    conita667 Posts: 20 Member
    hi abbey the same goes for me! i'm starting to lose weight having more than 1200kcal per day. hope to achieve your goal!!! i have to lose 20lbs
    congratulations!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!