please help me GAIN WEIGHT

Options
Hey. Okay so, Im a 19 year old college student. I am1.63 cm and I weight myself yesterday and the scale showed me a number I DIDNT WANTED TO SEE, 45 kg...
I have always been into fitness, and used to have a good body until I reduced my carbs and fat intake without even tracking macros, I just wasn't eating any carbs besides my oatmeal in the morning and some fruits, a couple months ago I bought a food scale and have been tracking every single gram of food, I eat every 3 hours but I look like a child, i don't have curves, I used to have some booty but I have lost it. with the scale I begin to eat more and increase my macros, but I wasn't available to gain the pounds i lost during that crazy low carb low fat diet I did.
I thought I was doing it right, my macros were 160 carbs, 123 protein and 31 gr fat.
before yesterday I didn't knew my weight, I want to gain a couple of pounds but im kind of afraid that I won't be available to see my abs anymore or gain weight in some specific areas such as hips,
I used to have an eating disorder so thats a reason why I might be afraid of gaining, but I know I have to. I don't even do cardio, I train 6 times a week, lifting in a regular basis heavy weights.
Now I have changed my macros to 200 carbs, 125 ( hitting 130 on leg day) protein and 50 grams of fat, what do you guys think? or do you have any advice on how to gain some lean muscle?

Replies

• jamandlettuce
    Options
    I found mine by googling calculator for cals gain muscle and tried a few different ones, most gave me the same result so I trusted them...one of them gave me a good macro break down as well
  • yeyixiao
    Options
    Oh nu! Gotta get that booty back!! :( Despite the fact that I'm a guy, I'm also 19 year old college student! I'm trying to gain weight too and I found this calorie calculator useful.
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Last month I weighed around 63 kg, and now I'm at 66 kg. Well 66.6... because I use pounds not kg but you get the point! Try it out! Good luck! Keep us posted.
    I still have abs! In case you care lol
  • Tilandra
    Options
    Your body has fat cells, and they're located where they're located and they're not going to move. Just as you cannot target specific areas of your body for weight loss, you cannot target specific areas for weight gain (much as I would like to add more weight to my bust, and not my hips, that's not going to happen!)

You need to examine why you cut out carbs and fats from your diet, as you might be sliding back into your eating disorder addiction. Healthy carbs (whole grains, ancient grains like quinoa) and healthy fats (avocado, olive oil, coconut oil) are necessary. I think if you add those back into your diet you'll be happier and healthier. And try not to worry about what your body looks like. I remember being 19 and the issues with being "attractive" that come with it, but honestly you will find as you get older that being attractive is less important than being healthy in body AND mind... and accepting your body the way genetics made it is part of a healthy mind.

Also, you are not going to know what gaining some weight will do to your tone and muscle definition until you try. You clearly don't have a problem losing weight, so try putting on the pounds you want and see what happens. If you don't like the result, you can always adjust your diet again.
  • mikkielias
    Options

You need to examine why you cut out carbs and fats from your diet, as you might be sliding back into your eating disorder addiction. Healthy carbs (whole grains, ancient grains like quinoa) and healthy fats (avocado, olive oil, coconut oil) are necessary. I think if you add those back into your diet you'll be happier and healthier.
    I´ve been eating 160 grams of carbs from those sources and healthy fats and instead of gaining i ve been losing, now I have increase to 197 carbs, 50 grams of fat and 125 grams of protein, hopefully i ll start gaining slowly
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Just keep adding calories until the changes start. Looks like you added 20g of fat, keep doing that until it works.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Just adjust slowly, monitor every few weeks or so and remember that you can always adjust again if it is not going as you wish. But if you continue to train as well as increase calories gradually, I am sure you will end up at a better place than you currently are physically.