breakfast ideas?

Options
mikkielias
mikkielias Posts: 21
edited October 2014 in Food and Nutrition
Whats on your typical breakfast? how many carbs, fat, and protein do you get in that meal?

Replies

• fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Greek yogurt - C 18, F 5 P 11
    hard boiled egg and piece of toast C 16 F 6 P 4
    banana, piece of toast covered in a laughing cow spreadable cheese wedge C 38 F 3 P 4

These are my usual weekday breakfast choices. nutrients will very by brand and such obviously.

On the weekend I eat 2 fired eggs and thick cut bacon. And pancakes when I'm being bad.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I tend to split my meals up into equal macros, I prefer a small, simple to make breakfast. So as I'm cutting and I eat 4/5 meals a day this works out nicely for me. On my lower carb day it'll be 30-35g of carbs, 25g of fat, 20-30g of protein as well as 7-12g of fibre. Higher carb day it's about 50-65g carbs, 10-15g fat, 20-30g of protein. Usually a drink containing greens powder, whey, fruit such as blueberries or banana, xantham gum and a bit of peanut butter.
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I don't have a "typical" but I usually bake something up that I can eat all week... Often oatmeal-based with a fair bit of protein. This week is "Pumpkin-Spiced High Protein Breakfast Cake"... Fills me up for hours! :)
  • ElBriano
    ElBriano Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Spinach and feta omelet. Two eggs, two cups of wilted spinach, 1-2 tbs of feta cheese, one slice of soy cheese.

calories 284
    Total Fat 19 g
    Saturated Fat 7 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 2 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 500 mg
    Sodium 758 mg
    Potassium 494 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 4 g
    Dietary Fiber 5 g
    Sugars 0 g
    Protein 26 g
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    mikkielias wrote: »
    Whats on your typical breakfast? how many carbs, fat, and protein do you get in that meal?

16oz latte.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing every morning: a bowl of oatmeal made with 1.2% milk, with 10g of strawberry jam and 1 teaspoon of sugar.

Carbs: 40
    Protein: 14
    Fat: 6

Fills me up until lunch. Nothing else does!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Most often I have a two egg vegetable omelet (the veggies vary, but usually I have spinach or kale plus something else) with feta cheese, with some kind of additional protein (commonly smoked salmon, also cottage cheese or greek yogurt), and some kind of fruit.

Usually it's around 400 calories with at least 30 grams of protein. The rest varies depending, but typically 15-20 g fat and 25-35 g carbs. (I got that from looking at my diary, not because it matters to me, beyond the protein.)
  • Boccellin
    Boccellin Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I like to have a large breakfast. Keeps me full and really starts my day off right. Two-four times a week, I'll have a BIG veggie omelette with feta cheese (usually spinach, red bell pepper, and mushroom, with either two whole eggs or 4-6 egg whites, but sometimes I change it up), about once a week I'll have oatmeal with a variety of different mix ins, sometimes I'll have two ingredient banana pancakes, sometimes I'll have a whole grain bagel with spinach and feta topped with one sunny side up egg on each half. About twice a week, when I'm rushed for time, I'll have a bowl of healthy cold cereal with skim milk. Every single breakfast always includes my two staple side items, a banana and a chobani 100 calorie yogurt. Usually, I will throw in a tablespoon of Chia seeds somewhere. Sometimes, I'll make some diced potatoes or whole grain toast to go on the side. Breakfasts range from 500-1000 calories, depending on the day, and is usually the largest meal (sometimes dinner is a little larger, depending on the day).
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm lazy, so I go with a spoonful of peanut butter and a protein shake made with soy milk.
    380 calories, 17g carbs, 20g fat, 37g protein