Abuse Flags

Options

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    I have 20. I had 4 this morning before the apple fritter thread.

You're doing well. Can you get to 50 by Thanksgiving?
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I know a lot don't agree with my views, so i'm quite shocked mine is 0.
    I did have a post removed but was before the update so guess it didn't get carried over.

But since then I tend to give advice via private message, saves any arguments in the threads.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    LeslieTSUK wrote: »
    I know a lot don't agree with my views, so i'm quite shocked mine is 0.
    I did have a post removed but was before the update so guess it didn't get carried over.

But since then I tend to give advice via private message, saves any arguments in the threads.

If you feel left out you could always flag yourself. ;)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    0 for abuse and 5 for spam.

I do agree that people are using the flagging to downgrade posts they don't like and/or people they don't like. MFP really REALLY needs to get the ignore feature back on the forums.
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    How does an apple fritter thread get out of control?
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    N2Couture wrote: »
    Where do we find our score? I know I have at least 1! >:)

Go to the notification bell and click on all notifications and it'll take you to your page and there you'll see how many spams or abuse flags you have. :stuck_out_tongue:

I've got one. Is there any way to find out what post I got it for? I'm always polite to everyone, no idea why I'd have an abuse flag :'(

I got one, and I just kinda went thru some of the posts I had answered in. Fortunately I found it, and that's how I found out how I got my abuse flag. The OP didn't like my hi five gif. :unamused:People are just using it cuz they don't agree with what you write. :huh:

tumblr_m1kgvl1S791qzjidwo1_250.gif

Lol!! What? That one went WHOOSH over my head!! :mrgreen:
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

Go to the notification bell and click on all notifications and it'll take you to your page and there you'll see how many spams or abuse flags you have. :stuck_out_tongue:

I've got one. Is there any way to find out what post I got it for? I'm always polite to everyone, no idea why I'd have an abuse flag :'(

I got one, and I just kinda went thru some of the posts I had answered in. Fortunately I found it, and that's how I found out how I got my abuse flag. The OP didn't like my hi five gif. :unamused:People are just using it cuz they don't agree with what you write. :huh:

Oh, you need to watch the movie then, it's one of THE classics!
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    I missed the apple fritter thread

I actually would like to know what post got flagged... just out of curiosity really. And did I really say something that was out of order, or was the other person being oversensitive.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/30152328#Comment_30152328

As you can see, all posts have been deleted, and OP racked up 9 flags. It escalated quickly.

How dare she post a recipe!

Maybe its from the grammar Nazis for the use of "to" instead of "too" too, no commas, periods, capitalizations and run on sentences. If so, people who want to "loose weight" will be flagged :P

Eventually, they may work on some of the problems with the new, all around poorer forums, I hope... but with the new flag system, who really cares what/when/how, nothing anyone does anything with, they don't work and you can't read the mind of the person who did it anyways if you could see it.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    idgaf14 wrote: »

Plagiarism, white knights, and personal attacks. Guess you had to be there :p
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options

I need to get back into the forums more haha.

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options

For apple fritters....wow.

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,991 Member
    Options
    So if I click on the bell I get a sentence saying "You do not have any notifications yet"

does this mean nobody has flagged me?

cos my posts are all love and rainbows o:)<3 hahaha - or so boring nobody even reads them :o
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

I guess so...Apple fritters = all out war...no I just don't see it. :|
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Haven't you seen Casablanca? The Captain there claims to be shocked that there's gambling going on and right about then a guy brings him his winnings.

In other words, he was not actually shocked.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I just noticed that I have 1 abuse. Wish I knew what it was for. I can't think of anything I've said that was way rude or mean.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I'm only at 11 abuse and 1 spam. I'm clearly slacking.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    So if I click on the bell I get a sentence saying "You do not have any notifications yet"

does this mean nobody has flagged me?

cos my posts are all love and rainbows o:)<3 hahaha - or so boring nobody even reads them :o

This post has been flagged once. :p
    2yt02qxiy8qj.gif

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I had 0 before the apple fritter thread... now I have 12 for abuse and I still want a damn apple fritter
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Apparently I have none. Maybe I am boring.