Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Gymnastics Rings

So I few weeks ago I bought a pair of rings. I have a pull up/dip rig I built, but never really had anything high to hang the rings from. I had started practicing the support hold on the parallel bars on my little rig and was actually doing okay (in my opinion). Today I got the chance to hang the rings and test out a ring support hold and it was humbling, to say the very least. After 2 attempts to hold the position for more than like 5 seconds i was out of juice. I have a whole new level of respect for people who are good with rings. I may have to stick with the rig and work up to ring exercises.

Anyone else have tips for ring use or working up to them? It'd be much appreciated.

Replies

• I did the same thing. I am able to lots of wide grip pull-ups and chins but had difficulty doing a muscle up. Its harder as you have to try to prevent the rings from moving around too much. Persevere. I can now do about 10 muscle ups (technique mainly).