Hibernation in Minnesota

Options
Anyone else come from Mn and is ready for another winter. Any tips on how to beat the winter blues. What's your game plan to get fit this winter? I'm hoping to come out in the spring ready to run a marathon and try a few trialthons. Send me a friend request if your looking for support to get through the winter.

Replies

• Ringo1812
    Ringo1812 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Not in Mn but just starting our Canadian winter. Know what your saying. Want all of those comfort dishes as it gets colder. One thing that stops me from getting down during the winter and my Doctor suggested this, is change all of you light bulbs to higher wants and take vitamin D. It is well know bright light enhances the winter blues and because we lose so much sunsine during the winter we must take the vitamin D to counteract.
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm from Rochester... Happy to help in any way I can. Feel free to add me. ankdworak
  • tdpierson
    Options
    I'm from MN and yes, winters present a challenge for us! I'm still getting out for a daily walk but certainly bundling up more and more and more. Hey, it's movement and we're out there. So it counts.