New

Options
I am new to the site and so far I think it's great! There seems to be a lot of support. I have struggled with my weight for a very long time and just can't seem to stick with it. I do well for a while then i blow it. I watch The Biggest Loser and get so inspired but never actually stay with the exercise long enough to make a difference and I know that has got to be more unhealthy than just not doing anything at all. I am making myself and my family a promise to lose the weight once and for all, one pace at a time and with a little help and support I know I will succeed. I worked for a doctor who specialized in weight loss and nutrition for years, so I know how to eat right! I used to counsel our patients on their eating habits and exercise, so I am no stranger to the "how to"....it's just the "do" that is difficult! So, I am glad to be here and look forward to the days to come!

Replies

• edinbors
    edinbors Posts: 112
    Options
    Good luck! Its very hard but once you really get in there and get going you start to really look forward to exercising and you start to "crave" it!
  • SquidInTraining
    Options
    Welcome aboard - MFP is a fantastic tool for keeping on track. Hope it works for you like it has for me! :)
  • Bump319
    Bump319 Posts: 17
    Options
    My personal opinion is you have to want to "change" from deep within. I don't know how many times I started and stopped "diets" when I didn't see immediate results and all I did was set myself up for failure. I have this fire from deep within to change my outside to match my inside and I'm doing it. It takes HARD WORK.

I would suggest starting "small" and going from there. I remember when I first got on the elliptical machine and I could only go for 11 minutes without feeling like I was going to die. I decided I would make 2 goals for myself and they were to workout on the elliptical everyday and to add 2 minutes to my time, everyday. I got on that machine whether I "felt" like it or not and by Christmas I was able to go for an hour. I was beyond happy. I felt amazing and it was the first time I really made a goal and stuck with it. I lost a few pounds and some inches but my endurance level was through the roof. I had so much more energy and I loved that feeling.

I'm currently doing Cardio Max and Power sculpt from the Biggest Loser set and I love it. I love to sweat and push myself physically. I still go to the gym afterwards and get on the elliptical but I also get on the bike and the treadmill. I think once you realize you want to change and are committed to doing the "hard work" you can achieve any goal you set for yourself.

The only support people I have are a few friends, who encourage me a lot and my twin sister, Lisa. I love this site as well and I finally have the support of myself.

Hang in there! You CAN DO IT. :)
  • batistamargaret
    Options
    hi welcome i am also new to the site goodluck
  • TrishFLmom
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the encouraging words!