Rest Days..?

Options
Im completely new to working out regularly, i was wondering do you guys completely rest on your rest days or do you just do light exercise (yoga, stretching, short workout etc.)

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    There is no rest for the weary!

I have days where I do no exercising, but in have never purposely scheduled a rest day.

Now that I'm starting to try running, I'm taking days off between walk/runs because all the runners say you MUST DO THAT if you want to avoid injury. So, okay. I want to avoid injury. That sounds good. Recovery days won't kill me. I can do that.

Swimming, though...I'd never schedule a day off from swimming just for the hell of it. I can be in the pool every day.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I have a recovery day where I do light work and two rest days. All in all, I still get in more than 300 mins. It really depends on your goals.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on the day.
    I usually walk with the dogs or do stretching. More active days I do Pilates, Pole dancing or some form of cross training.
    Once in a while I have a day that I'm just exhausted and take a total rest/refuel day (won't worry about calories of exercise...eat when I'm hungry and rest up).