Not losing weight...diet & exercise advice please? :)

Options
Hello :smile:

I have been doing the Power 90 Master Series for 19 days now & I have been calorie counting since then.

I have my goal as 1500 calories a day, I am 5'4'' and 154lbs :neutral_face:
I have a HRM and burn about 400 calories per workout.

A normal day for me would look like:

Breakfast: fruit & fibre cereal & semi skimmed milk = 187 calories

Lunch: Pesto chicken wrap =309 calories
Broccoli & carrot sticks with beetroot dip = 43 calories
Zero red bull = 2 calories

Dinner: Lamb leg steak = 160 calories
Potatoes - 200g = 152 calories
Carrots = 42 calories

Snacks: protein shake = 210 cals
Special K Bar = 88 cals
and a smoothie I make myself with berries, a banana and kale which is about 300 calories
Total: 1517 food & 400 cals burned with exercise

I have lost a pound since I started :neutral_face: I'm drinking plenty of water and putting loads of effort in to my workout, I'm sweating so much! With my measurements, I appear to have lost an inch off my waist and 1.5 inches off my hips, but I'm sceptical about this because I'm just wondering if I measured myself differently, or maybe I have lost some bloating..I just worry because I can't see it on the scales.

any advice would be greatly appreciated, I'm so motivated and loving working out but I wonder if I'm doing something obviously wrong! Thanks

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    for me I lost the inches before I started seeing the weight loss.(got slimmer but scale stayed the same).so its possible that is what is happening to you as well.If you dont have a lot of weight/fat to lose then you will not lose weight at a fast rate.just keep up doing what you are and dont worry about the scale,as long as you are losing the inches you must be doing something right.
  • Popp28
    Popp28 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh I hope that's what is happening with me! I'm not sure what's considered a lot of weight to lose - I'd like to lose about 24 pounds? Thank you so much, I will carry on because I also just want to do this for my health too
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    new program and only a little over two weeks in? Too soon to worry. New programs create water because your body is not use to it. Just stay the course. Make sure you are accurate logging (weighing your food, etc.).

When I first started p90x - it took 4 weeks for the scale to move....then it consistently moved after that. Just finishing up my last week of Round 2 and am done 32 pounds (total) so far.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring your food?
  • sugarfree123
    sugarfree123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that you also trade carbs for more protein. If your blood glucose is elevated, your body cannot burn fat. Your body will have to burn the sugar or store it so that it won't harm you. The fat will stay in storage until your glucose is normal. I have a glucometer that I purchased from Walmart. I like to know if I react to certain carbs.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    for me I lost the inches before I started seeing the weight loss.(got slimmer but scale stayed the same).so its possible that is what is happening to you as well.If you dont have a lot of weight/fat to lose then you will not lose weight at a fast rate.just keep up doing what you are and dont worry about the scale,as long as you are losing the inches you must be doing something right.

Good advice. I went 10 weeks eating right with no change on the scales but had to tighten up my belt one inch and looked more toned up. Now I have been losing for the last two weeks per the scales.

Give it 90 days then see what the scales read.