Callcentre/desk job advice for weight?!

Options
Hello..I have just got a job within a callcentre my goal is to stand up and sit down as I can't stand sitting down too long as I get cramp but I am wondering can I stop weight gain? I am a recovering anoxeric so I am a fussy eater I eat mostly cereal, salad etc.. I run 2-3 times a week and sit up exercises 4-5 times week... Any advice!?! I am 5ft 3 and weight just under 8 stone and 25.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    As long as you don't eat more calories than you expend, you won't gain weight. Exercise is good for your health, but no necessary for weight loss. Just pay attention to any snacking at your desk, and you'll be fine. :)
  • blossomprincessx
    blossomprincessx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    davis_em wrote: »
    As long as you don't eat more calories than you expend, you won't gain weight. Exercise is good for your health, but no necessary for weight loss. Just pay attention to any snacking at your desk, and you'll be fine. :)
    Thank you for advice, I am just worried incase I start gaining weight..I have read lots about getting a office butt and getting a sluggish body but if I watch what I eat whilst I'm at work and working out do you think that's enough?
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I work in a call centre also, it hasn't hindered my loss. I watch what i eat, bring healthy snacks when i need something to snack on and exercise when i can.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you burn as much as you consume then you will be fine. Just keep using mfp and logging your food and exercise. weigh yourself once a week/ fortnight to check. Your so called office but are just people consuming more than they burn.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest thing is bringing healthy lunches and snacks and avoiding the vending machines that may be at work. I worked at a call center for several years and I gained weight because I was eating a candy bar and drinking a couple of pops from the vending machines everyday. That didn't count that I usually ate fast food like pizza or hamburgers for lunch several times a week. Exercise was rarely an option for me during this time.

I think you will be okay and if you see that you put on five or so pounds within the first month or two then you know you will need to look at what you are eating before it becomes too hard to lose all the weight you have gained.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    As long as you continue to eat less calories than you burn, you will not gain weight. People who gain weight while working at a sedentary job are simply eating more calories than they burn each day; there's nothing about a sedentary job in itself that makes people gain weight.

If you're concerned about not moving enough during the day, find ways to add a little movement in on your breaks. I've always used my two 15 minute breaks each work day to first use the ladies' room and then take a 10 minute walk outside or around the inside of the building. I'll do the same on part of my lunch break. Park your car at the back of the parking lot when you get to work. If the building has an elevator take the stairs instead.
  • blossomprincessx
    Options
    laineybz wrote: »
    I work in a call centre also, it hasn't hindered my loss. I watch what i eat, bring healthy snacks when i need something to snack on and exercise when i can.
    Oh really that's interesting how long have you worked in a callcentre? I am trying to stand up as much as I can as they said I can
  • kihle2011
    kihle2011 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I saw you posted the exact same question earlier except you said you did have a food disorder in that one. If you have or are recovering from ED, I suggest speaking with a therapist. It seems to me that you are still having hang-ups that people on the internet aren't going to be able to help you fix.
  • blossomprincessx
    Options
    kihle2011 wrote: »
    I saw you posted the exact same question earlier except you said you did have a food disorder in that one. If you have or are recovering from ED, I suggest speaking with a therapist. It seems to me that you are still having hang-ups that people on the internet aren't going to be able to help you fix.
    Yea I agree I am a recovering anoxeric from when I was very young.. I do have times that I am fussy with food but I do try and maintain my weight as healthy as possible! Just advice how to maintain :)