STRESS EATING

Options
I've been really stressed out lately. I've been applying to grad schools, I'm taking 16 credit hours, 9 of which are biology related. I have a bunch of assignments due soon and the world is coming down on me! I've been exercising every day still BUT my eating has been horrendous! Breakfast and lunch I'm good...but then it all goes down hill. How can I stop? What will help? Thank you for the advice! I've come so far and I don't want to ruin my body by overindulging while being stressed out

Replies

• jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Prepare...prepare...prepare. Having healthy food and snacks around and quickly accessible will help. When you're stressed and want food now, being able to get healthy food quickly will keep you from making poor choices.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Try pre-logging your day, it helps tremendously!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Good advice above. Stress eating is a tough habit to break. You might also start looking for alternative ways to channel your stress. Exercise is a good one, but things like yoga or meditation, a cup of tea and a hot bath, a day out with friends, someone you can talk to, keeping a journal, or whatever works for you. The idea is to find things to reach for when you're stressed that aren't food. It will help tremendously when you reach your goals and transition to maintenance.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Snack on fruit. It will kill the sugar craving, let you do the hand-to-mouth thing, fill you up and give you some healthy calories.

Strawberries are very filling and raspberries have lots of fiber. You'd be surprised how far a little of just those two will carry you!

Good luck in your classes! Science rocks. And science girls kick *kitten*. :)