Losing the last 5-15 lbs

Options
codsterlaing95
codsterlaing95 Posts: 221 Member
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello, I'm wondering how to lose these last few pounds in order to have a flat stomach with some ab definition.
Current stats:
19 y/o m
5 ft 7"
154 lbs

Maintenance: 1783

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Lift weights.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Your maintenance is only 1783? That seems low. Are you sedentary? What she said above me, you need to lift weights and work out to get ab definition. Losing fat doesn't always do it. Some people get ridiculously scrawny and never see their abs
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Your maintenance is only 1783? That seems low. Are you sedentary? What she said above me, you need to lift weights and work out to get ab definition. Losing fat doesn't always do it. Some people get ridiculously scrawny and never see their abs

All of this... Your maintenance seems low, I am shorter and lighter than you and I maintain on NET 1900 cals?
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I agree your maintenance seems low. I'm 5'8" and about 161 lbs and my maintenance is around 2.1k calories net.
    You probably have a low estimate but also you probably need more overall muscle mass in order to raise that resting BMR (as well as to build up the abs to where they can show). Start a strength training program to build up the muscles and also start cardio a few days a week (myself, I enjoy running but not everyone does so if you don't then I recommend HIIT cardio but only once or twice a week if you go that route).
    Also, for those last few pounds, you MUST COUNT EVERYTHING. Eat nothing without writing it down.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Lift weights.

This.

Also, that's only your maintenance if you are really sedentary. Where'd you get the number? If you really are sedentary, the easiest way to lose more and maintain and just generally be more fit is get more active, if possible.