Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weight Training and Calories

JavaJuno
JavaJuno Posts: 9 Member
edited October 2014 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello all, I have a couple questions concerning my diet and exercise, and how to combine them together healthily to actually achieve results.
I am eating about 1,200 a day, sometimes I go over, but I always exercise (cardio) back down to 1,200 (or close). For me, that is just fine. I don't feel hungry still and I enjoy cardio.
My issue comes in with weight training. Now, I'm not lifting, but I'm doing the machines at the gym (the ones with the strange names that are difficult to remember). Do I need to be eating more calories on the days that I do these machines (3 or so days a week), or do they not qualify as lifting/weights, and to continue with my 1,200?
My reason for concern is I've read many different topics on how you need to eat more for lifting, but I don't know if this counts as such a thing.
Just for reference, I do 3 sets of 10 repetitions of the following moves:
Inner Thigh Machine (60 lb)
Outer Thigh Machine (70 lb)
Upper Arm Machine (Pushing Weight Upwards) (70 lb)
Leg Push Plate Machine (100 lb)
Leg Curl Machine (70-100 lb)
Crunches Machine (50 lb)

Also, just for note, I am not interested in gaining a lot of muscle (I know people on here don't like the word "toned", but that's basically what I want to do- not interested in noticeable muscle, just nice flatness). However, I need to lose weight first (I just figured this would help the process along).