Favorite lunch meals

HealthySideofLife
HealthySideofLife Posts: 80 Member
Hey guys and gals! The title says it all. What are some of your favorite things to eat for lunch, whether that be at work, on the weekend, with friends over, etc. I'm starting a new job on Monday, and although I love to make me a big salad, that can get boring after a while. Sometimes I'll do leftovers from dinner the night before our soup and sandwich. I'm not that creative at putting together a meal for lunch, so I'm turning to all you lovely mfp members to see what you like to eat!

Replies

• starryeyed251
    starryeyed251 Posts: 5 Member
    I love PB2 peanut butter and will mix up a couple of tablespoons to have with a large apple and celery sticks or I'll pack hummus with cut up vegetables and pita crackers to change it up sometimes. Cheese, grapes, and crackers are also another good combo. As for salads, I love changing up my proteins and dressings - I'll do cubed ham and light honey mustard one day, grilled chicken and Greek dressing, and steak and salsa mixed with Greek yogurt are all my different options to go on my standard blend of spinach/lettuce and other veggies.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Anything that is free or that I already have prepared. Things I have prepared:
    • Chicken salsa rice
    • chocolate pb porridge
    • chicken salad
    • Kanga bangas in curry gravy with mashed potato
    • Chicken yakitori with easy mac and pumpkin
    • Burger with beetroot, bacon, egg and rice instead of bread
    • Eggs and bacon with cheese sauce and rice
    • Moroccan style quinoa (pumpkin, saltanas, cinnamon, cumin, chilli flakes, tomato)
    • Congee (pork floss, seaweed, rice)
    • Kangaroo steak with gravy, vegetables and rice

I literally don't have to think about what I'm eating for weeks. Plus, tomorrow I won't even be taking anything in cause I'm going to a place where I get free sushi :3
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    edited October 2014
    Mm sushi!!
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    My lunches just depend on what I'm hungry for lol. Right now tuna mixed with yogurt and a side of avocado with lemon salt and pepper. Sometimes I have leftovers for lunch. Or PB2+Jelly sandwiches. Breakfast for lunch... Make mini frittatas in a cupcake tin :) tortilla pizzas or pizzas made with quick dough (Greek yogurt + self rising flour). I also make veggie stir fries on the days in craving rice or noodles.
  • HealthySideofLife
    HealthySideofLife Posts: 80 Member
    That's awesome that you get free sushi!

And thanks for the suggestions guys. It all sounds good and tasty.