Apparnelty, abs are made in the kitchen???

Options
I've heard abs are made in the kitchen and not so much the exercise.

If this right what should I eat ?

I'm 5'7 and about 60kgs. It's not like I eat chocolate and chips or take away. To me I eat pretty healthy and go to gym twice a week and to abs workouts at home but no flat stomach yet. :(

Replies

• tmdpotts
    tmdpotts Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    you do need to train then and treat them like other body parts. add weight, change reps and routine. GO to failure.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Visible ab muscles are just another muscle group revealed by a low enough level of body fat. Lowering your body fat will reveal what's there, but if what's there to be revealed is not substantial enough for you, you will have to work on building muscle there.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    www.google.com
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,691 Member
    Options
    tmdpotts wrote: »
    you do need to train then and treat them like other body parts. add weight, change reps and routine. GO to failure.
    No really. Visible abs are a result of low body fat. There are lots and lots of teenagers who have visible abs that don't train them at all. I mention teenagers because most people are leaner in their younger years than their older years, without doing a structured exercise program.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    take away chips
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    take away chips

Don't man - you'll make me hangry and it's only 10:16!

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Abs are revealed in the kitchen, they are made in the gym.

• Wronkletoad
    Wronkletoad Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    FORK PUT DOWNS!!!!!
  • CatalinaJoye
    CatalinaJoye Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    sjaplo wrote: »
    Abs are definitely made in the kitchen, so keep eating healthy. High protein, healthy fats, and carb cycling.

But also, fasting cardio 3 times a week really helped me lean out - it burns fat much faster than doing cardio after you've eaten all day

but, abs are also made in the gym - if you want them to pop, add weight. but if you're looking for the flat tummy check out these exercises http://www.fitbie.com/slideshow/standing-abs-workout?ocid=Synd_MFP

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick here. Exercise burns glycogen, not fat. Your body doesn't care whether you've eaten or not until you deplete your glycogen stores, about 50-60 min in - then they need replenishing.

very good advice!
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options

sjaplo wrote: »
    Abs are definitely made in the kitchen, so keep eating healthy. High protein, healthy fats, and carb cycling.

But also, fasting cardio 3 times a week really helped me lean out - it burns fat much faster than doing cardio after you've eaten all day

but, abs are also made in the gym - if you want them to pop, add weight. but if you're looking for the flat tummy check out these exercises http://www.fitbie.com/slideshow/standing-abs-workout?ocid=Synd_MFP

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick here. Exercise burns glycogen, not fat. Your body doesn't care whether you've eaten or not until you deplete your glycogen stores, about 50-60 min in - then they need replenishing.

Usually, 40 minutes into aerobic activity glycogen in your blood has been used up (if you haven't eaten in couple hours), and after 40 minutes, fat is utilized for energy at a much higher ratio. However, as far as weight loss goes, a deficit in calories will yield weight loss.
  • dbmata
    Options
    So it takes 80 minutes to begin using fat for energy, is what you're saying.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Maybe that long for weight training.

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    tmdpotts wrote: »
    No really. Visible abs are a result of low body fat. There are lots and lots of teenagers who have visible abs that don't train them at all. I mention teenagers because most people are leaner in their younger years than their older years, without doing a structured exercise program.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

You be surprise about older people with low body fat and do not train. Still have visible abs. Also you will see people in the 16-18 percent body fat who have visible abs.

• dbmata
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »

Actually its 81.3 minutes

Only if producing 1.21 gigawatts at the crank arm.