I have a question...

I just wondered if anyone felt this way... when you first started your diet, did anyone feel really dizzy and disorientated? if so, how long did it last?

I have been only on my journey for three days now and I feel faint, dizzy and disorientated. I don't know if its because the body needs to adjust, or what, but I can't endure this long term. It's really interfering.

Did anyone experience dizziness when on a diet plan?

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    No, I haven't. What are your stats? (gender, age, height, how much you have to lose in total, how much did you select to lose per week, and what's your calorie goal)? It sounds like there are several possibilities, but knowing those things will help to narrow down what's maybe going on a little more.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    How many calories are you eating?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Common in the initial stages of carbohydrate restriction as you lose sodium and your blood pressure drops a bit. Salty broth type drinks help, or salt generally - unless you have high blood pressure in which case see a doctor.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    What phrick said. In light of one of your previous posts then id suggest getting some friends on MFP or opening your diary so people can have a look and check to see if there arent any obvious answers i.e eating too little or going for too severe a deficit?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Only if I wasn't eating enough and my blood sugar dropped.
  • jenny24012014
    jenny24012014 Posts: 83 Member
    I got that a couple of months after starting. I was eating too little though and breastfeeding at the same time so wasn't really surprised. Upped my calories (changed goal from losing 2lb a week to 1lb a week) and felt a lot better.