Newbie....for the second time!

Options
Hello there! I've actually been a member of MFP for a long time now...but now I've put on even more weight I've decided I really need to make some changes, I'm hoping a can really utilise MFP this time round to help me! Here's my story...

I've always been around 9 stone, 3 - 5 pounds except for when I was in my early twenty's and around 8 stone 13. I've always been trying to get back to around 9 stone/8 stone 14 pounds, but could never quite manage it, then I would get lazy, quit and then repeat the cycle again. Meanwhile, in the back of my mind, some serious depression had been building up that I' been trying to ignore for what I think may have been the past 3/4 years. Eventually I had a full on melt down this July. Luckily I had a very good support network and got help very quickly. This meant going onto medication which thankfully seems to have done the trick.

Now however, this new joie de vivre I have includes a new blase attitude to food. At first I didn't care that I was putting on weight because to me, if that was the consequence to feeling better again so be it. But now I'm pushing 10 stone and my clothes are starting to not fit. I've spoken to people and done some research and I'm pretty sure it's not the meds making me hold onto weight, but just the sheer fact I am eating more and not taking any consideration with what I am eating.

So there you have it. Ideally I would like to like to get back to at least 9 stone 4 pounds, but if I can make it that far then I would like to continue onto a round 9 stone. I'm always interested in seeing other people diaries to get ideas for healthy things to eat, but also for giving/receiving support to, so feel free to add me a s friend!

Replies