Bra: 42C
    Panties: 14

180 lb clothing sizes
    Shirts: L
    Jeans: 16
    Bra: 38B
    Panties: 9

ke979uqj3xpx.jpg

When I started, I was so large and so out of shape that I couldn't exercise. I have a heart murmur so if I tried to exercise at that weight, I was at risk for a coronary incident. For the first six months, I only changed my food intake. I used the goal creator here on MFP to find out how many calories I should be eating in order to lose 2 lbs per week. I weighed all my food, counted every calorie, cut out soda, changed from white bread to wheat bread, changed from coffee creamer to milk, and introduced a protein shake into my normal breakfast (not one that builds muscle, more just a dietary supplement).

I dropped weight quickly for a month, plateaued for a couple months, then started losing weight again at a slower and more healthy rate. Every time MFP told me to recalculate my caloric intake, I did so.

After 6 months, I started to introduce very small amounts of exercise into my routine. Three days a week, only about 30 minutes a day. And as I continued doing it, I built up strength and endurance, so I could go longer and work harder. Now I exercise for 2 hours a day, four day a week. I do an hour of aerobics/strength training in the morning and an hour of yoga at night.

This past summer I had actually gotten down to 173 lbs, which was great cuz I wasn't embarrassed to wear a bathing suit when I was vacationing in Vegas. However, I got really really REALLY lazy during that trip and after I came home. I've regained 17 lbs so now I'm back to the grind before Thanksgiving and Christmas come along to tempt me into binge eating.

I hope my story and all the others that were posted here gives you encouragement. :) Good luck! Stay healthy!

BEFORE
    72a2denehaj3.jpg

AFTER
    59ag5zi2pypn.jpg
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2.75"

SW 262lbs
    CW 230lbs
    GW 130lbs

I do a lot of walking. I'd like to get back to doing Zumba, and also swimming and water aerobics over the winter. I also would like to start lifting.
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2.5" (that extra half inch really does mean everything)

SW 155 lbs
    CW 135.2 lbs
    GW 120 lbs (will probably reassess once I get there)

Being in the normal BMI range again is HUGE for me. I would like to begin to focus more on BF% because I carry a lot of my weight in my stomach (ugh), and even though it has gotten smaller since I started MFP I would, of course, like it to get flatter. I swim twice a week, do 30 mins cardio/30 mins strength a couple times a week, and the rest are 30 mins cardio/30 mins yoga combos. I am also looking forward to maintenance so that 1260 is not my calorie number anymore. :wink:
  • bwenum
    bwenum Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. I started at 150 earlier this year and am down to the mid 130s (I tend to fluctuate with water weight a lot) and going strong! I'm going slow with weight loss so the weight won't creep back on. Diet wise I'm on point (consistent with logging, weighing) so it's time for lifting and focusing on lowering my body fat %. My GW is 120. I don't want to lose my curves - I just want them to be more shapely and fit :) If anyone has a lifting routine they'd like to recommend I'm all ears!
  • marywoo55
    marywoo55 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and a bit, I am 59, started at 174lb April 2013 am now 127lbs gone from a UK dress size 16/18 to a 8/10. I go to the gym 5 days a week, I do a 5k run for 3 of those day and the other 2 i lift weights with my personal trainer . My calorie intake is 1600 a day I am on an eating plan that my trainer worked out for me. I am maintaining the same weight but am losing body fat and inches which is all good. MFP is a godsend for me as i weigh all my food and it keeps me on track.
  • AmandaLeighisme
    AmandaLeighisme Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Stats
    Height: 5'3"
    SW: 193 lbs
    CW: 166.7 lbs
    GW: 136 lbs
    [UGW: 128 lbs]
    Nov 12th will be 8 months of working on this. Mostly trying to work on lowering body fat percentage and trim the waistline.
  • amandamaynv
    amandamaynv Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'1
    SW: 163
    CW: 141
    I'm currently trying my hardest to get to 130. It has taken me 7 months to lose 22 pounds but I've been lifting weights and feel stronger :smile:. I'll probably reassess my goal weight once I get closer but honestly anything under 125 seems completely unattainable for me and I'm not sure why. I guess I'll just have to work my butt off and see what happens!
  • amandamaynv
    amandamaynv Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    anegus wrote: »
    Height: 5'1
    SW: 163
    CW: 141
    I'm currently trying my hardest to get to 130. It has taken me 7 months to lose 22 pounds but I've been lifting weights and feel stronger :smile:. I'll probably reassess my goal weight once I get closer but honestly anything under 125 seems completely unattainable for me and I'm not sure why. I guess I'll just have to work my butt off and see what happens!
    I meant to add that I carry a majority of my weight on my lower half. I have a pretty small waist but huge thighs and butt!
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and currently weigh 120 after Thanksgiving. My body seems to like to maintain at 118 without a lot of effort, which I can't really complain about. But it's still a little, well, squishy.

In HS I was a runner (108-110 lbs) & in college my summer job was at a waterpark built on the side of a mountain & I would walk 5 miles a day (at least) up and down that hill (112-115 lbs). So I was used to being able to eat pretty much whatever I wanted. Now at 28 it's catching up to me. I've gotten back down to 115 but staying there is always a struggle. I have to be mindful of every morsel I eat. So I'm okay if 118 is my 'happy weight'. Currently I'm not as focused on weight loss as I am on getting toned and more fit overall.