afraid of increasing macros?

Options
have you ever been scared of increasing your carbs and fat intake? afraid of gaining fatty weight? I know I have to gain some weight because I want to build some big booty, I have increased my carbs and fat, 37 more grams of carbs and 19 more grams of fat, its my 4th day with those changes but Im kind of afraid I will become fat or gain weight in some areas of my body. I lift heavy 4 days a week and do abs circuit twice a week, I have 1 rest day.
Anyways, have you ever been afraid of changing your macros to a higher number?

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Fat won't make you fat, nor will carbs. A calorie surplus will. No need to worry!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you want a bigger bum you have to be in a surplus so you'll gain everywhere.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You'll only gain weight if increasing your macros was done without decreasing protein, thus increasing overall calorie intake. And that intake needs to be above your maintenance needs to gain.

you've increased your calories by about 300 a day. This is a bit much - 200 is more than enough. But you're not going to get fat. You will gain some fat, most likely, because this is inevitable. The smaller the surplus, the less fat is gained versus amount of muscle is gained. You also cannot spot reduce... so you cannot spot gain. You will gain in your butt if you do squats, possibly deadlifts (I mostly feel those in my lower back and hams, not my glutes), lunges, glute raises, or any other butt-specific exercise in the hypertrophy range. Strength range will not increase the size of your butt as much as hypertrophy range, but I'd personally still do both rep ranges. My plan is to utilize reverse pyramid training once I am in maintenance and bulk phases. But anyways, with the surplus you will also gain in other areas. You may find you gain more in some areas, just like when you lose more in some areas. But you can't spot gain.