Mini-success: 30 pounds!

Options
So as of this morning, I'm down 30 pounds! (Technically 29.6 but give me a break!) I've been here for over a year and from about February to July this year I was pretty much maintaining. Now I'm back on the downward trend! 40 more to my goal :)9t7wfflvs4bl.jpg

I just had to share because I thought I'd never have any success to report here!

Replies

• karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    YEAH!!! Nice job :) keep going
  • slimdebbiecakes89
    Options
    Good Job!!!
  • lms0520
    lms0520 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow...you look nice. You can really see how much slimmer your waist, hips and thighs are. Your hard work is definitely paying off!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    lms0520 wrote: »
    Wow...you look nice. You can really see how much slimmer your waist, hips and thighs are. Your hard work is definitely paying off!

Thank you! I was hoping you guys would be able to tell how much looser that shirt is now. I was really busting out of it. The picture on the left really opened my eyes about needing to lose weight!
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 30 pounds lost. You look great! It took me a year to lose 34 pounds and I've been maintaining for about 8 weeks now. I also need to get back on track to lose that last 10-15 pounds. Let's do this!!
  • gcarey3
    gcarey3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! I see you're a cyclist too, safe riding!
  • Roo145
    Roo145 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! You are an inspiration!!!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Good work! Don't go the wrong way down a one way street on that. (see picture) ;-)
  • SailorSarah311
    SailorSarah311 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Way to go. You're looking good!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Options
    gcarey3 wrote: »
    Excellent job! I see you're a cyclist too, safe riding!

Thanks, you too! Cycling is my therapy!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    That's not "mini", that's SUCCESS!!! :smiley: :awesome:
    And you're almost halfway to goal too, so there's another celebration coming up.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    That's not "mini", that's SUCCESS!!! :smiley: :awesome:
    And you're almost halfway to goal too, so there's another celebration coming up.

Thank you!! I can't wait to be halfway - hopefully next month!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I should have been more aware of my eating habits when I was as young as you. Sounds like your method is working well. Keep up the hard work.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Options
    I should have been more aware of my eating habits when I was as young as you. Sounds like your method is working well. Keep up the hard work.

Thanks, Gale! I feel like I'm making up for lost time, too, but I am glad to be doing it now. :) it's never too late!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    That is great. I like your approach to lose…maintain for a while..then knock off the rest. I read an article from the top universities studying diets. That was the advice of one of the top researchers. He suggested that most of is studies showed people lose will power after six months..and he said to lose to get to a point..then maintain for a while and when you're ready and have the right mindset..then diet for another period..and repeat until you're at goal. It also gives your body time to reset.
  • momwantsbodyback
    momwantsbodyback Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    How's that a mini-success? That is HUGE, girl! Great work!!!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Options
    That is great. I like your approach to lose…maintain for a while..then knock off the rest. I read an article from the top universities studying diets. That was the advice of one of the top researchers. He suggested that most of is studies showed people lose will power after six months..and he said to lose to get to a point..then maintain for a while and when you're ready and have the right mindset..then diet for another period..and repeat until you're at goal. It also gives your body time to reset.

I've read that too. I had really lost the frame of mind I had when I started losing and needed a break. I still cared but just had so many other things going on so it was on the back burner. When I felt like I could be ready again, I started having steady losses! It's such a mental process!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Options
    How's that a mini-success? That is HUGE, girl! Great work!!!

Thank you :) It's hard for me to say stuff like that about myself but I'll get better!
  • Slinky92
    Slinky92 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That's HUGE! (*)
  • penelopeyvonne
    penelopeyvonne Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    So as of this morning, I'm down 30 pounds! (Technically 29.6 but give me a break!) I've been here for over a year and from about February to July this year I was pretty much maintaining. Now I'm back on the downward trend! 40 more to my goal :)9t7wfflvs4bl.jpg

I just had to share because I thought I'd never have any success to report here!

Cortney - well done!! That's much more than just a "mini success". You look fabulous.

I'm back on the downward trend too - I hope - seem to have been stuck at the same place for months but I took delivery of my niece's exercise bike on Saturday and, to date, have put in 20 or so miles. And had the good ol' heart-pumping during and after - more so than after most of my recent exercises, so it felt like I was achieving Good Things!

Best wishes for your future successes, mini or otherwise. Remember that each pound lost is a success (*)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!