Coconut Cream

Options
bokaba
bokaba Posts: 171 Member
I bought a couple of cans of coconut cream at Trader Joe's a few days ago for $1.49 each (haven't seen them anywhere before). I refrigerated it and it is the consistency of ice cream. I have been putting it in smoothies and having good results. I am not a fan of strong coconut flavors, but it is more creamy and nutty than coconut. I just make sure it fits my calorie goals since it has around 20g of fat and almost 200 calories per 1/3 of a cup. Has anyone else tried this product?

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil and coconut milk is all I have bought at Krogers.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    No, but now I want to! Lol! I'll check into my next trip to TJs :smile:
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    It's a staple in Keto. But, you could always just eat less of it if it doesn't fit your current macros.
  • bokaba
    bokaba Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I guess it is 4 parts coconut simmered in water rather than one part coconut to make coconut milk. It is quite tasty and a bargain at $1.50.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I've used it in a few recipes. I don't like coconut either, mostly the texture though, and this stuff is yummy.

I make ice cubes from fruit nectar (comes in a soda can or aseptic quarts, in the same aisle as the coconut milk and cream) then put them in the food processor with a little coconut milk or cream, and it makes a delicious and healthy sorbet.

I've also made yogurt with it, which I thought was delicious. My son has a milk allergy, so I'm always looking for healthy alternates to soy.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Coconut cream? Add pineapple and rum.

Done.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    ponycyndi wrote: »
    I've used it in a few recipes. I don't like coconut either, mostly the texture though, and this stuff is yummy.

I make ice cubes from fruit nectar (comes in a soda can or aseptic quarts, in the same aisle as the coconut milk and cream) then put them in the food processor with a little coconut milk or cream, and it makes a delicious and healthy sorbet.

I've also made yogurt with it, which I thought was delicious. My son has a milk allergy, so I'm always looking for healthy alternates to soy.

Great idea, thank you. I need to try this.