anything you dont count in daily calories?

Options
124»

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Anything with 0 calories.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Water, tea (and the sweet n low I put in it)...and that's it. I even log my supplements.
  • 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I choose not to log coffee (I drink it black), tea, usually mustard, spices, gum, mints, vitamins, cough drops.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    troy0 wrote: »
    Donuts. I read somewhere they're mostly air.

haha!

I don't log spices/herbs, mustard, vitamins, calorie free water enhancers, and I'm starting to not track my water intake anymore because it's just too time consuming.

Also, today I fried some eggs and tossed in some onions and green peppers. I didn't log the veggies because I knew (from logging previously) that it's hardly anything calorie wise and I just can't be bothered. I also had an extra 60 calorie deficit from yesterday so I think I can afford to be loose in that regard.

• BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't log most things under 20 cals... and just try to keep track in my head. If they get to 100 cals, then I go back and log them, or at least act accordingly.
  • MyMalfunction7
    MyMalfunction7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Water, diet soda, coffee, savory spices (I'll log cinnamon and nutmeg, but not garlic powder), mustard, tea - anything where I can't figure out calories per serving without being unreasonable. I do log gum, because the calories are on the package.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    i dont count spices or gum, either.
    Options
    thanks for your answers guys I was asking because I don't count my coffee or my cordial (which is low joule diet rite)...and a few of you said these so I don't feel too bad haha :smile:
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    thanks for your answers guys I was asking because I don't count my coffee or my cordial (which is low joule diet rite)...and a few of you said these so I don't feel too bad haha :smile:

The tool is so flexible. You can get into so many levels of it but I think you have to pick the proper fit for yourself. For example a lot of people don't believe in tracking exercise calories, but personally I love doing that. I will find a way, however imperfect to measure and log all my intentional cardio exercise. It's motivating for me and is the right fit, so I can do it long term no problem

One thing someone posted about some of these low cal items that really rang true for me - basically me and this person reach for the low cal items like gum or black coffee to avoid huge calorie alternatives. And if we had to log the tiny cal items on top of not having eaten the quadruple bacon cheese burger just, ARGH! So between not being quite as accurate on a 5 cal item vs actually not getting frustrated with the process, I choose my long term participation and I'll let the "little stuff" go
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I don't log caffeine free diet coke I started logging pepsi max because I know that too much caffeine does funny things to me want to hold myself accountable!! I log everything else ;)
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Water and dry spices.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I don't count fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley but I do count garlic and DRY things like onion powder or chili powder because I use a LOT and they do have quite a few calories. I don't count coffee (but I count what I put in it) I don't count gum if I have one or two pieces, but if I have a gum-binge then I count the whole pack. If there's a leaf of lettuce on something, I don't count it. If I pop a diced carrot piece in my mouth while cooking, I don't count it.. If I pop a half a carrot in my mouth then I do. I don't count mustard because I literally use a few drops, but ketchup, mayo or other dressings get counted. I don't count the "test grape" I eat in the market in order to decide if I want to buy grapes.. I do count the "test medjool date" I eat because it has significant calories.
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,618 Member
    Options
    what is a "boiled sweet"? if I may ask?[/quote]

Think the US equivalent is hard candy?

• shaddowstorm
    shaddowstorm Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I count everything. I weighed the amount of sugar, coffee and how much milk I have in my coffees. You only need to weigh it once and then save your coffee as a meal.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    gum
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I don't log spices, or my vitamins / medication. Everything else, including my water intake, gets logged. :blush:
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Gum, coffee, drink mixes, spices & condiments, diet sodas and drinks, sweeteners - basically your typical 5 calories or less items

You dont count condiments?

Those can really add up depending on what your eating!

Yeah, this... Condiments are surprising. You say you don't count any items less than 20, but 5 of those a day and you're losing 100 calories, which we all know adds up! That's a snack right there. I count garlic cloves too...
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    MCIBTY wrote: »
    Gum, coffee, drink mixes, spices & condiments, diet sodas and drinks, sweeteners - basically your typical 5 calories or less items

Yeah, this... Condiments are surprising. You say you don't count any items less than 20, but 5 of those a day and you're losing 100 calories, which we all know adds up! That's a snack right there. I count garlic cloves too...

Someone else said 20. I said five :) 20 of those and I'm in BIG trouble!!
  • Trishism
    Trishism Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just started using MFP to log my meals, so I'm not quite sure yet. I don't think I'll be adding things like diet pop(I try to have mostly water anyway), gum, coffee, or tea. If I'm having some veggies in an omelette or on a salad I just add a guesstimation to what calories I know are there. But I don't usually worry too much about veggies anyway because even the ones with calories are the healthiest things I can eat.

It's been 9 weeks and I've been losing weight consistently, I'll keep track more closely once that slows.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,082 Member
    Options
    MCIBTY wrote: »

But the bottom line is whether your level if accuracy is working - if you are losing/maintaining/ gaining weight at the intended rate, then your logging is accurate enough :)