Constantly HUNGRY

Options
2»

Replies

• honeylissabee
    honeylissabee Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm transitioning from Weight Watchers because this is free.

I fill up at least half my plate with vegetables. I have some kind of protein in every meal and snack. Yet my stomach is growling and I am physically hungry an hour after eating. It's not that I am not full. I eat until I am satisfied, but it could be as little as 15 minutes afterwards and I am looking for my next meal. I'm walking around in circles around my bedroom. I eat protein. I chug water like crazy. NONE OF IT WORKS! I am still hungry. Really, truly PHYSICALLY hungry.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Add more healthy fats...avocado, butter, nuts, seeds, cheese, olive oil etc. and some complex carbs.i I find that without these, I get famished too.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I don't know, it looks like you're eating well.

I have two very basic questions:

Is it cold there? I get really hungry when I'm chilled and you burn a LOT of calories keeping warm. You don't have to be frigid - 60 degrees outside or damp weather and you get cold. If you feel a little chilly, you're burning tons of calories and need to eat more. Just asking.

Are you exercising a lot? If you're working hard you get hungry.

I get hungry when I eat too many carbs - I'm not sure you do, but it's something to think about. It has to do with the way your body sequesters sugars with insulin.
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Wasn't aware of the weight watchers connection and glad to see you are planning to pull everything in to your calorie count.

If you have only had the hunger thing for a couple of days it may not be directly related to food types. I'm not sure why but I have two 'peak' times each month when I am most hungry. Leading up to my time of the month I'm famished and then a couple of weeks later (I assume when ovulating) I'm just hungrier than normal.

This has been pretty consistent for me whilst dieting over the last 11 months and passes in a few days. May not be your issue but could be worth logging the dates in case it is cyclical.

Good luck, hope you get to the bottom of it.

This!