Feeling isolated on weightloss journey

Options
4ever420
4ever420 Posts: 4,088 Member
So since I've lost over 80 lbs my life has changed dramatically. I feel good, look way better, and am generally enjoying life. There are a few drawbacks though that I didn't expect to deal with.

Lately I've been feeling a little lonely on my journey. I have my overweight friends and they are supportive but just aren't in the same place as me anymore and then there's my friends/family who have never had weight problems, who just don't understand where I've come from and how much it has taken to get where I am now. It's hard to explain but I kind of feel in between two places in my life, I'm not as overweight anymore but I'm still not really close to my goal. I sometimes feel like I don't know where I fit in my life anymore. MFP has been great for connecting with people who are on the same journey but in everyday life I feel somewhat out of place.

Overall though I am happy and wouldn't trade my success for anything in the world and I'm sure in time I'll adjust to the new me. Anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• GaleForceWind85
    GaleForceWind85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know you aren't alone, I feel a similar way. You remember your life before your journey, maybe not the happiest of people but you were who you were and now you can see yourself as someone else but that is down the road but aren't quite there yet? Look at the bright side; you said you are happy, feel good and you look better. Nothing gets better overnight. Just keep trucking along and you'll find yourself at the end of your journey but until then you may feel lost and alone, but there are people out there taking the same Journey as you.