Supersize vs Superskinny

Options
Has anyone seen this show? I just discovered it on YouTube and it's an eye opener - now I'm wondering how much I really used to eat before I changed my habits. But just watching the show makes me want to continue my weight loss journey so I don't get the point of some of the people who are like 400,500,600 lbs and can hardly walk - though I don't want to be at the point of the super skinny people either (though as much as I love food I can't honestly see that happening lol).

Anyway, watching it motivates me to stay on track - I've only watched a few episodes (a couple in season 4, now I've gone back to season 1) but it's interesting to see what they recommend for both people who need to lose and need to gain. In season 1 now they're also showing some butt toning exercises and this one lady is trying some "fad" diets (under medical supervision) to see how they work - the apple diet was a no go, but the deep belly massage did take off a few inches.

Replies

• CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I love this show! Season 7 just ended. You can find them all under Ermmtv's Profile on YouTube.
    Some other great ones are Secret Eaters, Big meets Bigger, and My Big Fat Diet.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I love that show

Most the time it shows how stupid some people's diets are at either end of the spectrum
  • carchie94
    carchie94 Posts: 45
    Options
    I love this show! Season 7 just ended. You can find them all under Ermmtv's Profile on YouTube.

Those are awesome!

I've watched them all except for My Big Fat Diet.

They're like my "good" weight loss television, with The Biggest Loser and ANTM (don't judge me) being "bad" weight loss television.

There's also some show (can't remember the name) about this woman who goes on a journey to become a size 0 and recounts how terrible the experience is. She goes through a lot of fad diets and fad exercises. Quite entertaining. Shows a lot about growing to be more comfortable in your own skin.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options

I'll have to try those shows too.

The only thing is in the US we don't use 'stones' so I have to pay attention to the scale when they're being weighed or go to Google to see how much they weigh.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

Thanks! I like watching those kind of shows. Guilty pleasure, I guess!
  • smilesalot1969
    Options

There's also some show (can't remember the name) about this woman who goes on a journey to become a size 0 and recounts how terrible the experience is. She goes through a lot of fad diets and fad exercises. Quite entertaining. Shows a lot about growing to be more comfortable in your own skin.

I think that was Dawn Porter and a programme called super slim me. i watched that it was quite an eye opener
  • carolmcgov
    carolmcgov Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    LOVE supersize vs superskinny !!

And secret eaters!!! Loveeeeeeee that show !
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options

I'll have to try those shows too.

The only thing is in the US we don't use 'stones' so I have to pay attention to the scale when they're being weighed or go to Google to see how much they weigh.

I watch it to! So good. :) I actually have a converter on my phone so I quickly punch that in so I know how many pounds they are talking about :laugh:
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    ive been watching it for 2 years now <3 i love it. <3 found it on youtube myself. :D<3 i love it and i got the book for it too. and im loving every info and minutes of it <3 its just the best thing that i have seen by far. <3
  • k_stanway
    k_stanway Posts: 11
    Options
    Secret Eaters is my guilty pleasure, even my boyfriend loves it now. :blushing:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bumpin to look at later

EDIT: Clicked on the first episode of "Secret Eaters"... very inspiring, seeing the difference of how much they thought they ate vs. what food that actually took in was amazing! The visual is always so much more powerful to me than the memory. :blushing: :laugh:

Really appreciate you posting the UK vids... I'd never heard of any of these programs before this thread... Thanks again for those that suggested them!:flowerforyou:
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I watch it on YouTube often. It is very eye opening and puts it all in perspective.

I will have to look for Secret Eaters, I haven't heard of that one before.
  • hausisse
    hausisse Posts: 90
    Options
    oh my gosh, that sounds terrifying lol
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

Thanks! I added that youtube channel to my bookmarks. I haven't heard of some of those shows so I have some catching up to do. :wink:
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    Now I'm addicted to watching those shows on Youtube! :laugh: Spent the day watching "Secret eaters" (I still managed to do my workout this morning though!)
    I'm shocked that so many people are oblivious to what they put in their mouth.
  • CatLambee
    CatLambee Posts: 26
    Options
    You can find them all under Ermmtv's Profile on YouTube.

Oh my god, thank you! I love this show but I have a hard time finding it.
  • jennifershoo
    Options

I think that was Dawn Porter and a programme called super slim me. i watched that it was quite an eye opener

I'm watching it right now. The girl got on a 500 calories a day diet + ton of exercise (netting probably negative calories) to become a size zero. At 64kg (141lbs), her body fat % was 49%!!!! OMG!!! She was thin but with a bf% in the obese category. That shows why people should lift weight and eat more food.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOSH!! I love this show! used to watch iit on Youtube all the time, episode after episode and on my cell phone at that! LOL When I was in my disordered eating really bad, this show helped pull me out of it, it was such an eye opener!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I love this programme, I swear I have seen all of them

I also love

Secret Eaters
    Fat Families
    Biggest Losers