160 by February 1st, can i do it ?

Options
i really want to get down to 160 by February 1st, i know to some people this would be an easy task but ive always lost weight slow. worried about keeping up exercise throughout the winter especially if we get alot of snow storms like last year. :( im going to try my best. a

open to any any diet and exercise advice.

Replies

• whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I really don't like setting a timeline on weight loss. It can set you up for failure or disappointment. Just go about your weight loss/fitness journey, without setting a deadline for it, and work hard. Be happy with whatever weight losses you achieve.

I hope that doesn't should harsh. I just know that, for me, setting a deadline has never worked. Good luck.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    With only 25 lbs to lose, I wouldn't stress weight as much as body composition/look. If you are focused on resistance based programs, you will retain more muscle, which will give you a leaner and more defined look. So do you do anything but running?
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i do like cardio better, but 2-3 days i try to weight train with free weights, squats, assisted pull ups, and a variety of different exercises i was shown by my friend, her bf is a personal trainer. my total goal is to get down to 150/145. i know things tale time but im going on a trip then so it would be a bonus.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Just make sure you have a food scale and log your calories every day. But generally 1 lb per week is ideal for your weight. If you want to cut some water weight, just go low carb for a few weeks, but realize that once you eat carbs again, you will gain weight. But for special events, low carb is very effective.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    When making your plan, count on gaining zero ground between American Thanksgiving and Christmas. (It will save you fustration if you take this perspective on success but keep trying to lose during these weeks!) When you discount that, you have about 10 weeks. Therefore, I would suggest that aiming to lose 10lbs is reasonable if set your deficit at 1lb per week. Good luck!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    If you're a slow loser, I'd be a bit wary of trying to lose weight steadily over the holidays. At least for me, weight loss is usually non-existent between Thanksgiving and New Years. While I set "wouldn't it be nice" goals by time, I'm not worried about not hitting them. If you are, it might be best to not set a goal over the holidays. Unless you're not fazed by them!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I would really not plan on it, especially if you are a slow loser to begin with. Putting a timeline on weight loss can be very iffy and it can be demoralizing when the schedule isn't met. You may have better luck with making a short term weight goal (e.g., 5 or 10 pounds) without a time limit on it.
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I Appreciate all the advice i usually don't make it all the way to my goals, so even though i will be alittle disappointed if i don't make it, i will not be crushed, im in this for the long hall and i know to achieve my ultimate goal it will take time.

but having a goal and time line helps me stay motivated i think, or else ill start saying to my self "ah.. i still have time to loose weight, lets not go to the gym today or eat that big burger" lol