Over 60

Options
2»

Replies

• FrancesAnnLFM
    Options
    hi i hope we can get this group up and running again I turn 62 in May have a few medical issues but want to chat with others who are in our age group...hello tapping microphone anyone out there ?????
  • corno11915
    corno11915 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Would love to join this group. I'm 65, lost 40 pounds over the past year. Got shut down for awhile with breast cancer and radiation, but I'm back and hoping to stay healthy as I continue toward my goal.
  • wingville
    Options
    I would like to join this group. I recently join MFP and would like to lose 100 lbs but have set a goal for 50. I am 68 years old and I do have health issues. I have Celiac Disease and so I must avoid gluten. I often wonder. If it is harder to lose weight with Celiac Disease.
  • jeanlake
    jeanlake Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone has an enjoyable and productive week. 61. Retired educator, but working part time. Looking at 35 pounds to lose, or 2.5 stones. Making exercise, hydration, purposeful movement, nutrition and positive attitude a part of my daily routine -- the same as going to work, housework, family and friends, hobbies, interests, etc. If I am not committed in this way, I'll fail. I know myself that well! Blessings and success! Jean
  • MaryInIndiana
    MaryInIndiana Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group. I retired last year and lost some weight but I'm starting to put it back on again. I can't believe I lost 50 and I felt so good about losing it. Then, it seems like overnight, I put some back on. I have a new granddaughter and I want to be able to do some things with her as she gets older.
  • zookeeper56k
    zookeeper56k Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'll be 60 in March. So I think that's close enough. I need to lose 100 pounds. I have some of those issues that we have when we get over 50 high blood pressure diabetes then. I have fibromyalgia, spinal stenosis bipolar sleep apnea but a lot of those things can be taken care of if I could get this extra weight off. I'm a Christian and single I care for my oldest sister who is it cancer survivor. But had a couple bad episodes will she was going through chemo and radiation hand has sustained some short term memory problems. We try to walk as much as possible and I want to stay in it through the winter. I have hobbies but her all sitting hobbies jewelry making painting rocks just to name a couple we do have animals. I'm going through my fourth year of ministerial training I'm active in my local church.
    I would like to join this group. I retired last year and lost some weight but I'm starting to put it back on again. I can't believe I lost 50 and I felt so good about losing it. Then, it seems like overnight, I put some back on. I have a new granddaughter and I want to be able to do some things with her as she gets older.

• zookeeper56k
    zookeeper56k Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My voice to text doesn't always type what I say. So I hope you can still read my post.
  • ldtoner
    ldtoner Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Looks like this thread has been going awhile. I've used this sight before, but honestly I have the hardest time losing weight. I'm 63 and at the doctor's office today I weight 166! I'm only 5'3" so that's heavy for me. My BMI was 129. I would love to lose 20-25 lbs. i
    Frankly, I'm not feeling too positive since I'm not a big eater. I'm pretty discouraged at the moment. This is the heaviest I've ever been. That, plus the fact that I decided last January to stop coloring my hair. Now I just feel rather old and fat! I need motivation and accountability big time!! Feel free to friend me.