Anyone been on the herbalife weight gain programme before?

Options
Wondering if someone here has ever been on this programme and what was the outcome? My friend adviced me to add the shakes to my meals daily and also to take the cell activator to increase my calory intake was just wondering if it is worth my money.

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    It's a scam. Just eat at a deficit. That's all you need to do to lose weight.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't you get more enjoyment, and save more money, by simply adding a few hundred calories of actual food to your diet?
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I saw spot at the gym one morning -- eat pill ---> get muscle -- that I had such an epic lulz that I had to eat back the massive amount calories I had expended from all my laughing.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Herbalife for weight gain seems as much as a waste of money as herbalife for weightloss to me.

There is an endless source of lovely calorie dense food you could use or, if you're low on protein, cheaper shakes.
  • stronghealthywoman
    stronghealthywoman Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I actually did the program back in 2008-2009 and I can only say is that I would never go back or recommend it to anyone!. I gain the weight back and them some. Its really just starving yourself and of course you will lose, but by starving yourself. I say eat healthy, work out and drink lots of green juice!.
  • Laurybabe
    Options
    Okay, thanks for the advice everyone, I am glad I asked guess I will stick to food...
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    That stuff is overpriced snake oil and crap peddled by an MLM. As everyone's said, real food is what your body needs. :) Don't let these snake oil salesmen raid your wallet.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    So anyway, to gain weight you could eat cheese, full fat yogurt, peanut butter, dried fruits, nuts... pasta.... LOTS of awesome things to enjoy! I'd make sure they are foods with high nutrient value as well as higher calories. Avocadoes are a great one.