When Did You Finally Believe?

Options
13»

Replies

• rand486
    rand486 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Eh... do we really all grow past talking non stop about food? I can't imagine that happening for me..

Ehhh... I would say my attitude has changed, though yes, clean food is still a topic I don't mind talking about.

It's likely just that when you're on a cut, food is something you are thinking about a lot more haha. Nowadays, I can have a pizza to myself, wash it down with beer, and know that I won't be worse off for it, because I have confidence in my ability to control my cheating.

Back on my original cut, it was 150g of protein every day, never go over the calorie limit (including alcohol), and supplements abound. I was obsessed, as are many of the newer folks I'm talking about. Eventually, you learn to live life and be healthy.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    JagerLewis wrote: »
    I hit my goal this month, lost 62 pounds! I was thin not that long ago so I still had my old clothes to wear. Those clothes got to big so I needed to buy new ones...Size 2!! I was shocked that all of my clothes are labeled size small, x small, size 2 or 3, but it really didn't hit until I saw a picture someone took of me last weekend. I had to show my husband and kids asking "do I really look like that?!?!?" Of course, they looked at me like I was nuts, and said, "umm...Yeah!" Even though, I knew what size I was, I didn't really SEE the size I was. I think it will be a while to see my size in the mirror.

THIS. I lost 70 pounds, and I knew I was much thinner. But it wasn't until I saw a picture that someone took of me when I was 'unaware' and not posing that I realized I'm so much smaller. And I totally get the feeling of picking up clothes and thinking "that's way too small", then slipping them on without an issue. I still do this with clothes that I've been wearing for months. I was overweight for 13 years, and have only been maintaining for a few months. I have no idea if I'll ever adjust. LOL!
  • cjames010
    cjames010 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It's been about 4 months of maintaining for me but I still think I am my bigger size.
    We just went on vacation and took a ton of photos.
    I look at them and think, "my legs are bigger than that" or "are those my arms?"
    Weird. I also have a fear in the back of my mind that I'll wake up and be my old size again.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't trust what I see when it comes to my weight. 60lbs down and I still don't see much of a difference (about 50lbs to go). I wear smaller clothes. Some days I look in the mirror and think I look ok, my stomach is nice and flat, my shape is okay. But I have no before photos, so nothing to compare to. The last couple of days I look in the mirror and I think I look the same as I did when I was 60lbs heavier. Like I've lost no weight. My whole perception of how I look is skewed, like a funhouse mirror or something.
  • chouflour
    chouflour Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I still look like me. I don't see any significant difference with 55lb lost, in part because my mental image of me weighed about what I weigh now. Until I put on my old t-shirts, and they hang all baggy and funny.

What gets me is having to come up with my weight. I weigh every morning without fail and log it in my spreadsheet. Getting an MRI last week, the form has a blank for weight. 1... Crap. How much do I weigh? Once I got past having -no- idea how much I weighed, I came up with a number 30lb higher than I currently weigh. I finally amended it down 20lb, and decided that was right. I got home and peeked at the spreadsheet. Oops.
  • Operationweddings
    Operationweddings Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic. I still see myself as a bigger person. I can't quite believe I've lost nearly 50lbs...even writing it, it doesn't sound right. Maybe I was too big for too long :/