Question for women

Options
I'm soooooo hungry today! I know Aunt Flo is coming soon and I have this problem every time. Anyone else go through this and what do you do to help with cravings and such? I've been doing so well, and don't want to ruin it. I feel like I could eat everything in sight today.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I eat at maintenance a few days.
  • marisas80
    marisas80 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    ^ same. I also drink a lot more water and green tea.
  • Angurla
    Angurla Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I usually try to find something that makes me feel like I'm indulging but Im not...like chocolate pudding and whipped cream.
  • fatboyliz
    fatboyliz Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I just ate pizza hut. And a chocolate orange. Feel heaps better but tomorrow is another story! #regret
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    good advice ladies. I like the chocolate pudding idea :) Thanks!!
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I generally try and distract myself, since it does feel like my body playing tricks on me, but if I go over for one day, I'm not concerned.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I've been at this close to 6 months now, and at first I did the "suck it up" and stick to the plan. Still gained the water weight at TOM (which, of course went away after a couple days). So now I just eat at maintenance for one or two days as needed.

Hasn't stalled my progress, and everyone in the house is happier with a less "witchy" woman once a month. Everything's just better when Mama gets her second serving of potato chips.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat something yummy, log it and move on.
  • leonamuni
    Options
    I eat a little more, but not necessarily for maintenance and try to include a small treat that won't push me off track, like a small piece of chocolate, the pudding idea is good too :)
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't log those days and I treat myself more than usual. I try not to go crazy but not logging means I don't beat myself up about going a bit over.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    So far I've been able to have enough chocolate or whatever to satisfy me and stay in my cals. Thank goodness. LOL
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea and honestly, oatmeal helps with cravings especially if you put fruit or maybe some dark chocolate chips in it. At least it does with me. I know a lot of people don't care for melons much but a cup of canteloupe is like 50 calories and I am always full feeling after and it helps with the sweet tooth cravings.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I eat a couple hundred extra calories the week before TOM. I log it and move on.
  • PrettyGurl2008
    PrettyGurl2008 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I eat a fruit (banana apple or grapefruit) drink plenty of lemon water and have a piece of candy
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    When I'm hungrier, I eat more.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I usually have one day when I'm really hungry so I eat 200-300 calories extra.
  • nicailyzee
    nicailyzee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Its not always during that I feel the need to over eat its before and after. I am anemic and I have TOM usually 2 times per month yaaaay me! I just exercise more if I am not feeling week (Yes I am under doctors supervision and take iron pills and incorporating iron rich foods). When I get the cravings I eat all my calories and if I go over I exercise or just move on. It seriously balances out. You may have to wait a week or more if you don't weigh daily but I have had to learn to look at my monthly losses as a sign for overall progress. TOM will not win this battle no matter how many times it comes lol. Oh to answer your question I eat smaller portions of what I want it usually slows the cravings
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Try having 2 in one month. I am 45 and going through the menopause thing. Sometimes I have two in one month (like this month) and not getting frustrated is next to impossible. Makes for a bad month on water retention and wanting to eat everything trying to find something to satisfy a craving and you can't put your finger on what it is.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Aunt flow stopped visiting me about a year ago, thank goodness, but I still sometime get so darned hungry when I've just eaten, or stressed, or just bored. What works for me is to tell myself I don't need to eat every time I'm hungry, unless I have not had food in awhile.

Usually, if I ignore the stress or bored hunger feeling, it will subside after awhile. If not, then I busy myself until I know I am really ready to eat.

Also, sometimes when I feel hungry, it's really that I'm thirsty and water or a Zevia Cream Soda will take care of it.

Looking at my pre-logged day helps too, because I know I have enough food scheduled for the day and I a not close to NOT eating enough.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea and honestly, oatmeal helps with cravings especially if you put fruit or maybe some dark chocolate chips in it. At least it does with me. I know a lot of people don't care for melons much but a cup of canteloupe is like 50 calories and I am always full feeling after and it helps with the sweet tooth cravings.
    Love oatmeal, and I put in 16 grams of homemade peanut butter I have not had the chocolate chips on oatmeail before. I'll have to try it out.