What's your favorite kind of cheese?

Options

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's honey chevre. It's freaking mindblowingly amazing.

Other than that, I really dig extra sharp cheddar, and creamy brie, and anything smoked.
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    C H E E S E <- That's my favorite kind :)
  • Rashanti1
    Rashanti1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Pepper jack!!
  • InCHarmsWay
    InCHarmsWay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    ALL THE CHEESE.

But especially some nice aged salty gouda, goat cheese, and camembert...
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Applewood smoked gouda or freshly shaved parmesan
    drooling-chip-o.gif
  • KrazyKenny1967
    Options
    Feta and super sharp cheddar
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Chechil braids :) Love it!!!
    jx9x2u44o7ul.jpg
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Sharp provolone!
  • chaos416
    chaos416 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's honey chevre. It's freaking mindblowingly amazing.

Other than that, I really dig extra sharp cheddar, and creamy brie, and anything smoked.

Brie!!! I gotta treat myself soon!

• Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    My first love of cheese is real German aged Münster; the kind that runs on the plate and needs to be eaten in seclusion because of it's delicious smell...lol.
    Since I left my home country 40 years ago, I had to do without.
    Now I equally love full fat Gorgonzola, Stilton and aged goat cheese that gets runny like Camembert or Brie. I also like aged Manchego in the second place.
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Havarti!
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Cheddar, bleu, feta
  • get_it_grrl
    Options
    I'm from St. Louis so my fav has to be the amazing Provel! Second is extra sharp white cheddar.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    ALL THE CHEESE!!!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm...cheese. I love me some NY extra sharp cheddar, triple crème brie, gruyere and my one true love: nokkelost. As a kid, it was always on the breakfast menu at my great grandparents house (on pumpernickel toast, please) and it's the most delicious of all the cheeses. You couldn't get it in the US for years, but they recently started importing it again.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Brie, mascarpone, ricotta, Norwegian Jarlsberg and brunost, of which the latter isn't really a cheese, but whey toffee.
  • krympmeg22
    krympmeg22 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Norwegian brown cheese
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I never could get behind gjetost. My mom always said 'it tastes like peanut butter' to get me to love it. Uh, no Mom, it doesn't. LOL
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Brin d'Amour

Made in Corsica from the milk of Lacaune ewes, Brin D'Amour is made by small-scale producers and shepherds on the island. The version of Brin d'Amour known as Fleur de Maquis, is very similar but prouced on a slightly larger scale.

The name Brin d'Amour means "a breath of love," and refers to the aromatic coating of rosemary, fennel seeds, juniper berries, and the occasional bird's eye chile applied during production to enhance the natural flavors present in the milk. The sheep freely browse Corsica's scrubby Mediterranean landscape.

When young, Brin d'Amour is firm and moist with citrus flavors and a slightly sour tang. With age, the rind becomes dotted with a blue-grey mold. The texture of the cheese also becomes softer, absorbing the savory and herbaceous flavors of the rind.

Flavors strike a delicate balance, with the herbs enhancing the warm, bright, sheepy quality of the interior paste. If allowed to mature fully, the pate breaks down and becomes runny and stronger tasting.

http://culturecheesemag.com/cheese-library/brin-damour

V01brin_amour0022.jpg

• AMRROL
    AMRROL Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Velveeta