Can't handle this anymore

Options

Replies

• lb628
    lb628 Posts: 75
    Options
    2,500 calories is the same amount of food that a 210 pound man eats, Hodgetwins to be exact. Try 1700 calories.

Real nice. I eat around 1700 almost every day and am also a 6' tall elite athlete. Thanks though
  • PosterPens
    PosterPens Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    are you tracking sodium too? itd be helpful to see if your foods are holding a lot of salt in them. also you might have gained those lbs if its yr TOM.
  • slick_fox
    slick_fox Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am here to support you and I just reviewd your food dairy and you are consuming too much sodium. You should be on 1500 mg per day. The Oscar Myer stated 58 calories for 7 slices. For 2 oz. it is higher. Also there is 520 mg of sodium for 2 oz. Velvetta for 1 slice is 290 mg sodium = approx. 900 mg for 3 slices.

520 mg sodium for 2 oz. Oscar Myger and 900 mg for cheese is 1420 mg sodium. Almost your total for the day.

Also how much sodium was in your soup?

Sodium retains water.

I listed sodium was one of the items I tracked and I was surprised how many foods had loads of sodium. Try cooking fresh. i.e. Wal Mart and a natural frozen skin free chicken breast with 110 calories and 220 mg sodium for 4 oz.

I have been roasting it with all difference seasonings that a sodium free. Different toppings. i.e. salsa, green diced peppers with low sodium and calorie count.

I started MFP 2 years ago and now I am in maintenance. Your may review my food diaries and I will list you as a pal.

I hope this helps.

Peg
  • lb628
    Options
    I don't keep track of sodium because I simply crave it a lot of times because I workout a lot. But could this be why I'm gaining weight? Does this contribute to fat gain? I don't know much about sodium, but I imagine almost everything I eat has it because I only have a fridge and a microwave and thus eat mostly out of a can. I wish I could eat chicken breast every day but I don't have a way to cook it!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Sodium definitely can cause you to retain lots of water, which will cause your scale weight to go higher. It will not cause you to gain fat, though.
  • randyfugate
    randyfugate Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Are you putting on muscle weight with all your activity? How do you feel you look in terms of change in size?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I wouldn`t lose your girdle over one week with no loss. After about 6 weeks, if you still aren`t losing, check back.
  • randyfugate
    randyfugate Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Are you putting on muscle weight with all your activity? How do you feel you look in terms of change in size?
  • tubbytummy1
    tubbytummy1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your weight is more than likely a result of water from your binge. Have you pooped out the giant amount of food you ate today yet? Give it two days and you'll be back down. My weight swings by several lbs per day.
  • Gangwolf
    Gangwolf Posts: 40
    Options
    Do you think you might be gaining muscle? Muscle weighs x4 times as much as fat. When you lift a lot, you gain muscle, so even if you're losing fat you may be gaining weight. That's not a bad thing...maybe shift to doing body fat & body measurements instead of concentrating on the scale.
  • trishklein
    trishklein Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't recommend microwaving anything. If you have to, fine, but who really knows what those microwaves are doing to the nutritional value of your food. Why not steam them naturally? The reason I am saying this (I used to nuke all of my veggies, btw) is because one of my daughter's friends mom used to get sick when eating anything microwaved, so "things that make you go hummm". (anyone remember where that came from? :smile: )
  • italianangel143
    Options
    The more sodium you eat the more water you retain which means the heavier you will be. Chinese food has so much sodium that when I get the urge to eat it it has to be after I weigh myself so I have a few days to get rid of the water weight. :)

Start keeping track of your other measurements so you can see if you are losing inches.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I see you have a very large appetite, I can barely eat that much in two days. And you didn't show you drank any water; maybe you should drink more water especially before you eat. That would help fill you up, so you wont need to eat so much!! Good luck!!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    OP, one of my friends is living in a dorm. Although they're pretty strict on cooking equipment (she can't have a slow-cooker or anything) she was, for some reason, allowed to have a George Foreman grill. Are those legal? Because they're really nifty. Hell she's fried eggs in hers.
  • OriginalRedfishMan
    Options
    You can do this if you decide it is worth it. It is so worth it! Eating less processed and pre-prepared foods will result in lower sodium, and better health. I recently spent some time with a certified nutritionist and learned that we should keep our food as basic as possible. Her contention is that if we eat quality foods (less processed) we will see results. I agree with those who mentioned vegetables. Lots and lots are one of the keys. Water consumption matters too. Think in terms of months, not days. This is not a diet, its life.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    give it more than a week for a start, don't weigh yourself twice in one day, try every couple of days at the same time, best in the morning and calm down, stop worrying so much about the scale and focus on being healthy.

eventually your body will go through visible changes and the scale will probably go down too.

why are you in such a hurry? this is a lifestyle chance, if you stay on course it will work out fine.

if you go eat 100 oreo cookies in dispair because you havent seen the results you want after a week, then yeh, its not gonna work.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't recommend microwaving anything. If you have to, fine, but who really knows what those microwaves are doing to the nutritional value of your food. Why not steam them naturally? The reason I am saying this (I used to nuke all of my veggies, btw) is because one of my daughter's friends mom used to get sick when eating anything microwaved, so "things that make you go hummm". (anyone remember where that came from? :smile: )

how does she go with cell phones?
  • rerowland99
    Options
    The steam fresh microwaveable packs are delicious. Highly recommend that if you're living off the microwave. I know it's better to actually "cook" cook, but my entire work week is me constantly being on the go if I want to get everything done. I don't have time to turn around because I forgot the ingredients to make a salad because the traffic on my road is hellacious. I have to eat a lot of quick, microwave dinners. I bring a bag of the steam fresh veggies to go with it. This saves my lifestyle. I have a filling, healthy dinner quicker and cheaper than the unhealthy alternative (drive-thru or delivery) I have relied upon in the past.
  • lb628
    Options
    I don't think I'm gaining muscle since I'm at a calorie deficit. What I'm really trying to do is maintain the muscle I already have and lose body fat. I am 129 lbs lean mass and 21% BF (from BodPod). I'd like to get down to 15-16% BF before I start gaining muscle
  • lb628
    Options
    Do you think you might be gaining muscle? Muscle weighs x4 times as much as fat. When you lift a lot, you gain muscle, so even if you're losing fat you may be gaining weight. That's not a bad thing...maybe shift to doing body fat & body measurements instead of concentrating on the scale.

Just to clarify, muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. A pound of feathers weighs the same as a lb of bricks :). Muscle is just more compact and thus you can carry more of it and look smaller still thus weighing more.