5:2 diet and putting weight on

Options
at the beginning i started to lose weight for the last couple of weeks my weight has been at a stand still or ive put on. please take a look at my food dairy and tell me what i can do better where am going wrong etc. i could do with the HELP thank u

Replies

• Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hi-ya! I checked ur diary and it all looks ok to me, assuming u weigh and measure ur food. U haven't logged a few days and it probably is worth doing this. I do the 5:2 some weeks 6:1 as I haven't got lots to lose and try to stick to a goal on non fast days. Today has been terrible though, was supposed to fast but was super hank and ate n ate... I'm gonna send u a FR if u wanna buddy up for more support. :smile:
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    shakirafin wrote: »
    at the beginning i started to lose weight for the last couple of weeks my weight has been at a stand still or ive put on. please take a look at my food dairy and tell me what i can do better where am going wrong etc.

The red ink on Sunday should be a clue. I can't think of anything polite to say about many of your food choices that day.

Is your calorie goal set to maintain, then you eat less on the 2 days ? If so you shouldn't be exceeding goal on the 5 days.
  • lautour
    lautour Posts: 89 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    With this diet I thought you're only supposed to weigh once a month? The fluctuations are bound to be dramatic and for women the weight loss is often slower than for men. Your measurements might be a better indicator. Are you a member of the 5:2 fast diet website? This page in particular has some good advice that might help you: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it may be your relatively high salt intake on some days?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and you have multiple days recently with nothing logged, you also you lots of quick adds. Work on logging everything, get away from the quick adds.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    99% probability you are eating too much on your 5 days and more than offsetting your deficit from your two fast days.
    Log your food accurately and completely and then you will know.

You could also make better food choices for your long term health!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    99% probability you are eating too much on your 5 days and more than offsetting your deficit from your two fast days.
    Log your food accurately and completely and then you will know.

You could also make better food choices for your long term health!

all of this...

buy some scales as you seem to be guestimating a lot of portions.