Measuring uncooked brown rice to cooked

Options
i am currently using jasmine brown rice bought from a local shop. The nutrition label states 1/4cup of uncooked brown rice = (45g) and consists of 37g of carbs.

how will i measure that in cooked weight? theres no way 1/4cup of COOKED brown rice can equal 37g of carbs, or can it?

if anyone that can help, itll be greatly appreciated. i read online on somewhere that its 3/4 cup COOKED rice = 1/4 cup uncooked. not sure if this is true. thanks if anyone can help!

Replies

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Weight before. Cook. Weight after.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    No, it's 37g's for uncooked, rice basically triples in volume.
  • 2JOEZ
    2JOEZ Posts: 9
    Options

so its triple in volume but its still 37g of carbs ? Correct ? So its 1/4th cup uncooked for 37g of carbs. So if it triples in volume, itll be 3/4th cup and has 37g of carbs ?
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    The carbs don't change cuz you cook it..........it's still the same amount of rice, you're basically "puffing" it up with water.

and rice has lots of carbs in general..............
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options

so its triple in volume but its still 37g of carbs ? Correct ? So its 1/4th cup uncooked for 37g of carbs. So if it triples in volume, itll be 3/4th cup and has 37g of carbs ?

That sounds about right.
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    The only way the carbs would change is if you cooked it in something that added carbs (no idea what that might be - some sort of "sweet sauce?)
  • justwanderful
    justwanderful Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I make long grain brown rice. 1 cup dry rice yields 3 cups cooked rice.
  • 2JOEZ
    2JOEZ Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for reply guys. Only reason im asking is I have to reach a certain macro for my carbs and I have to report to my coach. Cause when I weigh the cooked brown rice with the 1/4th measuring cup its still 45g as to when it was uncooked. So im still abit lost. Theres no way the 45g of carbs cooked can be 37g of carbs. Its way too little thats why I need clarifications but it does make sense. Any more inputs would be awesome!