Short (5'0-5'3) girls -- where do you shop?

Options
forkofpower
forkofpower Posts: 171 Member
5'1 girl here. I have such a hard time shopping! Even S shirts can be too long, and petite pants have to be rolled up. I bought a pair of ankle jeans from a store and they were STILL too long for me.

Where's a good place for a very petite individual to find fitting clothes?

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    The Buckle for jeans, The Limited for my work pants, Express for tops, Target, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Old Navy, The Gap, and a lot of other places. I just have a tailor I go to for my pants. I'm 5'3" and don't really have a hard time shopping.
  • AOdell79
    AOdell79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Express, loft, banana republic, kohls...
    I am 5 feet even and I tend to buy pants that are "short" even then I can usually wear with heels. I get things altered, too.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Ross, Target, Burlington Coat Factory... places that don't cost a lot. I'm 5'3".
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    5' even here. Found some Jeans at Old Navy. Express is good and usually do pretty well in the petite section at J.C. Penney
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    4'9" here and am so thankful my Mom is a seamstress
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and have never had any issue fining clothes. I hem my jeans/pants, but even if I couldn't sew -- my local tailor is 7-10 dollars per pair with a discount on 5+ pairs.
  • lgoldfarb
    lgoldfarb Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    aeropostle for jeans, I get them in the short size. Hem tape has become my new best friend for pants that need to be shortened quickly. I'm 5', but my legs are too long for petite sizes, but too short for regular sizes, so usually pants that are regular size but the "short" length works well. Old Navy petite shirts work well for me.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I am a shade under 5'3" and wear a size 00 petite. I do much of my shopping at Banana Republic/Gap/Old Navy (Banana carries petites in most stores and the others have petites online). I also frequently shop at Ann Taylor and Loft. For jeans, I find stores that cater to a younger crowd, like American Eagle and Abercrombie & Fitch (which carry "short" lengths) fit me well...although some of their other clothes are a bit too "junior" for me (I am 45). For certain items (like basic leggings and tees) I sometimes sneak over to the girls' department (the advantage of being the size of a 12-year-old).
  • kgrundy480
    kgrundy480 Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I'm 5'2. I don't have any trouble finding clothes because i'm short but, it's cause of my weight. It's my stomach.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,848 Member
    Options
    Goodwill 🤷‍♀️