Squats

Can someone post there before and after when doing just squats,
How many? used any extra weights? How often. etc.

Replies

• RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    I wouldn't recommend "just" squats to anyone. Why do just squats? It's a great exercise and all. But there's nothing magic about it. Rows bench,shoulder presses and deadlifts are all pretty close to it in terms of hgh and testosterone boosting.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    <--- after. Used lots of weights.

Just do them. More weight, more squats the better.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Are you asking for before and after pictures of legs?
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Can someone post there before and after when doing just squats,
    How many? used any extra weights? How often. etc.

What are you wanting to see/know?
  • stynfit4life
    stynfit4life Posts: 32 Member
    Ok i guess the picture i have next to my name is deceiving. Since its a husband and wife picture. But I am the wife. I just chose that picture. Im looking for changes in womens form. ;-)
  • stynfit4life
    edited October 2014
    I'm a mother of 3, 5 years, 3 years, and 1 year old. I am 25 years old. and want to get back to pre pregnancy weight. I wanted to tighten my tush, thighs and core. Just curious How often i should do it since i dont have so much extra time for myself these days :-(
    I have a tendency to get a hernia :-( so I dont know how heavy i could lift.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I have yet to post a good picture of my butt on here. No. Still in the process of getting my butt in check.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Ok i guess the picture i have next to my name is deceiving. Since its a husband and wife picture. But I am the wife. I just chose that picture. Im looking for changes in womens form. ;-)

You need to look and talk with wargrrl. ;)
    That girl got it did. :D
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Look up core exercises. It will include various planks and types of crunches. Look up exercise for glutes, as in gluteius maximus, minimus, and medius. IMO, whole body exercises are more worthwhile than those that isolate muscle groups.

Strength exercises as a very general rule of thumb are done one day on, one day off for recovery. Whatever schedule you choose, recovery days are very important.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Dear confused - The OP was asking about specific exercises and I pointed out some. OTOH, I prefer whole body movements, squats tend to use more of the body, more if loaded with a barbell. With lack of time, the OP may or may not have access to equipment.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    ukaryote wrote: »
    Dear confused - The OP was asking about specific exercises and I pointed out some. OTOH, I prefer whole body movements, squats tend to use more of the body, more if loaded with a barbell. With lack of time, the OP may or may not have access to equipment.

ummm OP just asked about squats...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    OP - I would suggest you get on some kind of program that incorporates compound movements into some kind of upper/lower split or similar type program. New rules of lifting for woman, starting strength, 5x5, and strong lifts are all good programs/resources...
  • arditarose
    Yeah but she did say something about core and getting hernia easily.

Anyway OP. Gots to lose the fat. Lifting on a deficit is great if you can. I'm not sure about the hernia thing. I have a pain in my lower left abdomen right now so you made me look it up, and I almost passed out reading about it.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Squats are a must, I jumped onto the squat rack bandwagon about 8 months ago and built myself a decent booty (pics were deleted when I was banned) then I lost it due to hiring my PT and focussed more on body fat loss, now I am back to building it again but this time with a lifted butt.

This actually coincides with my pledge; sit ups/crunches and squats errrrday when I wake up (separate from my gym routine)

All the best- Alex
  • stynfit4life
    haha wow these comments are just too funny. so yeah when i was pregnant with my last one i was exercising moderately and some how got a hernia , i was born with 2 . 1 was taken care of at birth and the other in 10th grade, so why i got another one i dont know but basically i have to stay away from heavy lifting :-(
  • arditarose
    Then I guess you'll have to do body weight stuff, which is fine. Maybe someone else can give you suggestions, as I hate it and can be no help.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    body weight squats are fine, usually the best to refine your form but you will still see results. I do a lot of body weight exercises still other than with normal weights.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    I can squat 385 so far, I can't do a pistol squat properly yet.

OP - the pistol is a great bodyweight squat to work towards.
  • Jesssamesssa
    Jesssamesssa Posts: 116 Member
    Do an air squat challenge at home for 30 days. Take before and after pics for yourself.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    I don't do pistols but I do skater squats.. I suck at one legged squats LOL Oh I squat heavy too.. back and Zercher
  • stynfit4life
    How many types of squats are there? I only know one . the type where if I have to use a public bathroom and don't want to sit on the toilet , I squat lol, but with this I just keep my legs shoulder width apart
  • arditarose
    toilet squatting is a good start; I always try to engage my core and use proper form while doing so. Might as well.