Just binged for the first time in 2 months:(

Options
I've been ill recently and so have been eating alittle more, then suddenly just had a small binge :( Feel rubbish...any tips for getting back on track? Am better now!

I thought after months of healthy eating and dieting I'd rewired the 'binge reward' part of my brain, oh well!

Replies

• ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    It will always be there as a habit with stress or whatever triggers you but the only way to get back on track is not to be hard on yourself just start over and realize nothing is a completely straight line forward. You can do it Be kind to yourself
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Get over it and continue on. You don't need a pity party, just a reality check to realize that it's not a big deal.
  • JackPudding
    JackPudding Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just ate:

tomato soup
    4 bread rolls
    two go ahead bars
    an alpro soya
    and a block of undiluted jelly...wtf?

This was on top of normal meals that were already generous!
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    so it wasn't the worst binge possible let go and don't beat yourself up look forward instead
  • JackPudding
    JackPudding Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ucabucca wrote: »
    so it wasn't the worst binge possible let go and don't beat yourself up look forward instead

Yeah, good advice ;)

Was just shocked that happened really, thought i was done with all that!
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    No guilt. No need for regret or repentance. Don't view this as a mistake, or "falling off the wagon" because it's not. You ate the food, and it tasted awesome! You're probably pleasantly full now! Just continue on with your plan. It's not a big deal at all.
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    In case you think feeling bad about it is the right approach:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5BXuZL1HAg
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you needed extra food due to the illness... perhaps you were eating differently than usual and kicked back into gear the old wiring. I don't think one binge is surprising to happen at all... now is your chance to practice turning from a slip to getting back on track, which I think will make you even stronger!