Starving....

So today, i decided to cut my calories right down, and also swapped fizzy drinks for water. I'm doing okay so far, but im incredibly hungry. Does anyone recommend any filling foods? or low calorie snacks i can eat?

Thanks

Replies

• crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    edited October 2014
    I find it's more filling to eat two eggs with two slices of bacon and a pat of butter. Than it is eating, 1/2 cup of fiber cereal, 1 cup of skim milk, 2 sticks of celery, 1/2 an apple, 1/2 cantaloupe. Even though, it's lower in calories, I'll be hungry 30 mins later and EAT AGAIN. Whereas, the eggs and bacon may be A LOT higher in calories but fills me for a good 5-6 hours, so overall it's easier for me to stay within my calorie limit. I also don't do low-calorie replacement anything, I'll just be hungry again in 30 minutes.

Also, don't underestimate the power of water. Chug a liter of water, wait 20 minutes before eating, if you're still hungry THEN eat your snack.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Fruit, veg, complex carbs and lean protein. Read the stickys on the nutrition section as well as those on the losing weight section.

Make sure you have your deficit set accurately.
  • Jesssamesssa
    Jesssamesssa Posts: 116 Member
    999tigger wrote: »
    Fruit, veg, complex carbs and lean protein. Read the stickys on the nutrition section as well as those on the losing weight section.

This ^^^
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    BEEF JERKY
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Protein.
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Hot dogs
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Cut them right down to what, exactly?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Hot dogs

Ooh yeah, hot dogs. Now that you mention it, I'm going to get some this week.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Cut them right down to what, exactly?

This
  • Boccellin
    Boccellin Posts: 137 Member
    Massive amounts of veggies! They will keep you full for a very long time, you can have huge portions of them, the pack a great nutritional punch, and they hardly have any calories. Had a huge portion of ratatouille for dinner tonight, nearly a mixing bowl full, I'm stuffed to the brim, and it was less than 500 calories...with a small serving of chicken.
  • handful of raw cashews
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    I eat fairly often, and I find that helps. So 3 meals, 3 snacks.
  • barkerkaty
    barkerkaty Posts: 1 Member
    Tesco everyday value frozen fruit salad, apple, melon, grapes, mandarins and pineapple. 450g bag= 205 calories and only 90p. I eat this frozen as an amazing alternative to ice cream! It fills you up and takes a long time to eat so you feel your eating loads for very few calories.
  • 999tigger wrote: »

Defecit? could you explain please?

Also thanks for all the replies, this forum is a great help!
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    TDEE - 20% deficit = what you should be eating. It's a general guideline for healthy weight loss.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    crisb2 wrote: »
    TDEE - 20% deficit = what you should be eating. It's a general guideline for healthy weight loss.

Yep because if he doesn't know what deficit means he's definitely going to know what TDEE means.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Large portions of nonstarchy vegetables. Spinach, green beans, broccoli, cabbage. Season with salt, pepper and herbs, not grease.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Deficit means you eat fewer calories than you burn. TDEE means Total Daily Energy Expenditure, or how many calories you burn in a day. MFP calculates this by using your age, sex, and weight, and then your self reported activity level.
  • eweadock
    eweadock Posts: 31 Member
    edited October 2014
    On your PC, if you go to your "home" tab, then select "goals," you will see some of these settings that will establish your calorie deficit goals. If you are using an Andriod mobile device, pick the menu at the top left of the screen, and select "goals," The application can recommend goals for you (as mentioned prior) based on your gender, height, weight and activity level.

Also, I find that protein keeps me from getting hungry, and I do eat at least 2 snacks during the day, about midway between meals.

Good luck!
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    shai74 wrote: »
    crisb2 wrote: »

Yep because if he doesn't know what deficit means he's definitely going to know what TDEE means.

I don't understand why someone flagged this. I was sure thinking it. Reality in the form of sarcasm rocks.