Compression shorts for working out, do they help?

Hi im not sure if this is the right board to ask this on. but here goes. i m wondering if anyone wears compression pants/shorts when working out.

I struggle with running, jumping jacks, jump rope etc due to my belly "hanging over" and my thighs rubbing horribly. Do compression pants hold things down/in and stop the flapping so to speak? and help minimize the chaffing and the "flapping" of the belly over hang. or not really? And if you do use them is there a brand that seems better than others? im not asking if it helps lose the weight, just if it helps contain things to maybe ease the workouts. a bit. im a 2-3x in size so im just wondering if it worth investing the money.

thank you all for your input. :)

Replies

• crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    I bought this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V63NQQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I haven't actually used it much because 1) i couldn't fit all my junk into it when I bought it a year ago and 2) it seemed impractical, since I just walk around in my regular work out pants until I have time to actually work out and these aren't exactly comfortable to walk around in all day long.

BUT, this is a short and it does go all the way up to right under your boobs, so for YOUR purposes I imagine it would do the trick. Or something similar.
  • Compression shorts help out a lot with the thighs rubbing together. I use them when I do my walking/jogging/weight training and a whole bunch of other stuff. As for the belly overhang i wouldn't be able to tell you but if recommend you to get them for a more comfortable workout.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I wear the Old Navy compression capris while working out and they hold up really well. No chafing and minimum jiggle. Not sure how they are with belly jiggle though.
  • alliegator89
    alliegator89 Posts: 42 Member
    I bought compression pants and capris from Old Navy on accident. I LOVE them. They are super comfortable, and it feels like it keeps everything tight. I have had chafing, and I don't feel like they get awkwardly stretched out and start to fall down like other yoga pants I own. Also, two pairs I own are very high waisted and suck my tummy in. Old Navy's clothing is pretty inexpensive, so you would be able to try them out without investing too much money.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    IN for Old Navy!
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    I bought some Danskin workout pants recently at Wal-Mart. They were on sale for $9 and they keep my loose skin in check very well.

I'm gonna check out Old Navy!