The American dream came with extras... extra pounds!!

Options
Hi there! I'm a 20 year old girl that moved to America when I was a pre-teen. My parents decided to move here to pursue the American dream.

Well, coming from a country where we only ate home cooked meals and did not even own a car or use computers, to working a desk job and having to drive everywhere... plus my discovery of fast food.. Yeah let's just say I'm about 2 of me right now. I have around 100 lbs to lose.

Obviously I'm not blaming this on where I live, my life is a lot easier and more enjoyable than before. But I can definitely feel for people here. To be in shape you have to TRY! Living across the world, we never had to think about what we were eating or think about exercising. Everything was organic, from your farm, and you walked miles every day! Being healthy just kind of happened "in the background" - I never had to focus or think about it.

America gives me more of life, but I realized that I have to actually make my health a priority. I don't want to blame myself or blame my home, I want to realize that I have power to be healthy, and all it takes is for me to adapt to my circumstances!

Anyways, how are you guys?

Replies

• Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome!!

You DO have the power to be healthy. I won't lie to you and tell you it's easy. There are no shortcuts. There will be days you overeat or half-*kitten* your workout. There will be days you want to quit. BUT. There will be days when you fit into your old favorite pair of jeans that have been too small forever but you just couldn't bear to part with. There will be days when you hold your head high and walk with confidence. There will be a day when the workout that nearly "killed" you a month ago is easy. It may not be easy, but it is very much worthwhile. Just never give up.