How many calories are too few? Any tips for weight loss that will last?

Options
2»

Replies

• JFsNewLife
    JFsNewLife Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have not been eating my exercise calories. This may be something I need to look at.
  • JFsNewLife
    Options
    Thank you patchwork. I appreciate it. I do NOT want to gain it back, after all the work that it will take to lose it.
  • Gemini159
    Gemini159 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Also, really focus on tuning in to your hunger levels. My nutritionist is working w/me on this. So if the hunger scale is from zero (starving/famished) to ten (gorged/Thanksgiving day), you should be eating something when you are about a three (hungry-- not starving, not just a tiny bit hungry), and stopping when you are about a seven (satisfied- but not "full" and definitely not stuffed). This will help you long term as well, by learning to take your cues from your self, rather than calories only (but track too!). That can add to your learning and re-training yourself towards healthy eating, while being aware when you really need more (or less). Hope that helps.
  • JFsNewLife
    Options
    Gemini, I really haven't been very hungry lately. I have been drinking a BUNCH of water, and snacking on low calorie foods. Sometimes I feel like I am eating just to get the right number of calories in. I will try to pay more attention to hunger levels.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I have adjusted my calorie limit to 1200. That would be more sustainable. Thank you for your help!
    You're doing the right thing here.
    Take it slow but steady.
    GOOD LUCK
    <3

• stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I keep a 44oz cup at my desk and drink only water (other than my protein drink which is also made with water) all day at work. I would guess I normally consume close to 15 cups per day (I fill it up about 3 times)

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/water/art-20044256

Check this out too
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2480491/How-drinking-litres-water-day-took-years-face.html
  • JFsNewLife
    Options
    Wow the mayo link was very helpful. The second link's pictures of the one lady, was amazing. She looks so much healthier, and younger with just drinking more water! I keep getting bloated, and I was thinking that maybe drinking too much water was to blame. But, it looks like I am drinking about what I should be.
  • grooveadelic
    Options
    I have to 'weigh' in on this.... because I slashed my calories and made a dramatic change..... however it was under the supervision of a Doctor, a real MD... I was obese and at risk for several health related problems. I have arthritis in my knees and had an heel surgery. So the first step was to get to a weight my legs could carry and the only way was to slash caloric intake. once I could start getting moving, as I built up my exercise and activity level that's when I got to eat more.... it's important to know that as you get more fit, you burn calories more efficiently, you'll be on a caloric sliding scale tweaking and adjusting. I worked with my Dr. and a Physical Therapist, once therapy was done then I moved to a trainer/MD combo. It's the ONLY thing that has worked for me.