HELP!! Need to get rid of the last 20 lbs!!

Options
Hi all!! So I have gotten rid of my first 20 - now I gotta lose the last 20. This month I have not been good. I have slacked with my diet and exercise so surprise! I didn't lose any weight. Anyway.. I am ready to get back in the saddle and lose the BIG 2-0 for good! Any advice? or a suitable program that I can follow? Provided are my stats below:

Current weight: anywhere between 155-159 lbs
Workouts: At least 4 days a week, 30 mins of cardio and 30-60 mins of strength training per day
Weakness: Fried chicken and sweets
Calories per day is 1200, I recently changed it and it became 1250.

Right now I am working out with a friend who is a lot heavier than me so it seems like I am putting less impact in my workouts. I also workout after I get done working which is around 6.(so hard to get up in the AM). All advice will be highly appreciated!! Thank you in advance! o:)

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    If you reduce the amount of weight loss per week you may be able to eat more than 1250 cals per day if you want. I'm also slacking off, my plan is to find more exercise options as its getting colder. I quit a local gym because I could run outside in the summer. I'll either have to run with it being just a bit nippy out, or suck it up and join the gym again whether or not I think their classes are amaze balls. And also, of course, the diet. I just find that exercising more consistently actually helps my resolve to eat less often and make better choices

Sending a friend request :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    When you say 1200-1250 calories is that 1) because you're set to lose 2lb a week and 2) before you add in your exercise calories

Unless you are tiny that seems really low and you really need to fuel your body to workout properly so personally I would

1) reset weight loss target to 1lb a week
    2) add in calories from exercise and eat 50-75% of them to account for overestimations, unless you use a HRN
    3) weigh and log your food accurately

Good luck
  • VenusSparks
    Options
    im 5ft and the food is already set to 1lb a week because I thought I get to eat more but it just added 50 calories to it :(
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're out of energy. Are you eating back part of your exercise calories?
  • VenusSparks
    Options
    i eat part of it.. but sometimes I work out to make up for yesterday's mistake. is that ok?
  • tanya7768
    tanya7768 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck on my last 20 for almost a month, so very frustrating! I lot of people are saying 1200 calories are to low, but I noticed if I raise them I start to gain. I'm going to try and switch up my work out routine , cut way back on carbs. Hopefully the lbs. will begin to melt again. Good luck to you.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    i eat part of it.. but sometimes I work out to make up for yesterday's mistake. is that ok?

A lot of people try to watch their weekly goal rather than daily so they have a bit more wiggle room from time to time. Just be sure you're not punishing yourself or beating yourself up and you should be okay :)

• GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I have also been stuck on the last 20 lbs since forever, because I'd been slacking for the past three months. So sick of them. :s
    I also meet my weekly goal instead of daily. However, in case I overindulge by, say, an extra 500 calories one day, to make up for it, I spread it out over the rest of the week; I don't net 500 below my daily goal the next day, because I get tired and cranky, I'm unable to put in any real effort into my workouts, and I also tend to overeat the day after because I feel too deprived of food.
    Just because you are working out with someone heavier than you doesn't mean you have to go at his/her pace - that is counterproductive; both of you should go at whatever pace suits you individually. And as far as the diet is concerned, I suggest you keep eating what you have been so far to lose the first 20 lbs, since it seems to have worked for you. Also, if things seem to get stuck/monotonous, you could try 5:2 - I've done it every now and then for a week or two at a stretch, just to shake things up a bit, and then gone back to my normal routine. In the end, even 5:2 is a way to meet your weekly goal lol.
    All the best! :smile: