Iodine-rich foods?

Options
After having a CT scan with iodine contrast two years ago, I discovered I have a sensitivity to iodine. Obviously I can't cut it out of my diet completely, but I do have to watch my intake. I found out the hard way yesterday that spinach is very rich in iodine. (Never, ever make a chef's salad where the greens are comprised of raw spinach if you have an iodine sensitivity! Ugh.)

Besides seafood, spirulina, nori, iodized salt (duh), and spinach, what other foods are high in iodine so I can monitor my intake? And has anyone seen a way to monitor it on the MFP diary? I dug through the settings a bit but I didn't see it.

Replies

• Scarecrowsama
    Scarecrowsama Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    A sensitivity is a sensitivity, iodine is crucial for your thyroid, and is essential, you must consume it, if you cut iodine, your body will struggle producing hormones and you will experience a vast array of health problems.

Have you retested for that sensitivity somewhere else? Sensitivities are often a symptom of another underlying cause.

The highest iodine foods are easy to find, but you should research about the iodine sensitivity itself, looking for problems that may cause that sensitivity.