boom gained 1.3 kg in one week

Options
my goal was only to hit 0.3 kg of gains a week and in my first week i've gained 1.3 kg that's gaiiiiiinnnnnnnssssssss

i was 70.5
now 71.8

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    well done?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Could be water weight. Keep monitoring, gains in one week won't tell you very much. I gain 3lbs after eating dinner
  • pgg001
    pgg001 Posts: 12
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Nice one. As others have said some of that will likely be water weight/internal food weight.

But who cares. I used to like weighing myself (as well as my normal weigh-in) after drinking a massive 34oz shake. It was a great psychological boost to see a big new number on the scales, and gave me a little motivation boost (enough to keep me forcing them down my throat every day and keep them in my stomach).

But it's incremental gains over time that count. Many of those will be too small to notice day to day.

Same with physical changes. Make sure you take a 'before' picture for the same reason. When you look in the mirror every day, you won't see the changes. Look at two photos two-three month apart and the difference should be obvious.

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Could be water weight. Keep monitoring, gains in one week won't tell you very much. I gain 3lbs after eating dinner

Yup
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I gained 2 pounds this week. Stupid water weight.

OP - if you gained 2.86 pounds (had to use a calc) in a week, only about 0.5 could be muscle. So yeah, it's water weight.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    With knowledge comes the understanding that you won't make 1.3 kg of muscular "gaiiiiiinnnnnnnssssssss" in a week.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Not bulking but I gained 2 lbs from yesterday to today. Water weight, woo.
  • shonako
    shonako Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    yea, id think it'll take way longer than a week to gain 1.3kg of muscle .
  • philosophersnark
    Options
    Checking your weight on a weekly basis for gains in muscle doesnt add up. You could be overeating holding water etc. The most incremental sign of muscular prog is getting systematically stronger on compound lifts such as bench press, shoulder press, squat, leg press, bb row, deadlift. To be honest only a rank beginner or a drug enhanced lifter will gain in excess of 1 kg in a MONTH. Keep realistic expectstions. Yout goal evrry workout should be specific. For ex. Doing more reps or increasing poundage or more sets n volume in same time. Might take cm measurements of forearms, arms chest neck waist at thinnest, waist at navel, hips, calves n upper legs for tr acking progress more precisely. Takes 6 weeks to see clear progress w naked eye.
  • killa271985
    killa271985 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Whats your weight at now just curious
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Water, glycogen, food
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Water, glycogen, food

And poop.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I gained 2lbs from yesterday's feast. I doubt its gonna stick.