How often do you weigh in/take your measurements?

Options
hey,

Pretty much as it says in the title...

How often do you weigh in?
I try and weigh in everyday as motivation to either keep up the good work or work a bit harder that day to either maintain/lose rather than gain...however it can be so demotivating when you've gained (even though I know weigh fluctuates all the time so doesnt actually mean I've gained fat).

Also how often do you take measurements such as waist/hips/chest/thighs?
I find that my stomach bloats no matter what I eat or drink and days after a 'naughty' day I find my thighs a little bigger too....anyone else notice things like this?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    weigh daily, measure weekly.
  • nessab70
    nessab70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    weigh daily log weight on thursdays and measure once a week
  • KimFreya74
    Options
    i weigh daily but FOR ME I don't think this is healthy. I am trying to cut back and weigh myself every few days. I can fluctuate over night with my weight which can cuz me undue stress.
  • delightfulmnl
    Options
    I use to weigh myself everyday before but it could get a bit depressing and demotivating not seeing those lbs go down after putting in so much effort. Losing weight takes time. Best to weigh in at the end of the week!
  • rdkstar
    rdkstar Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Weigh daily and measuremeets monthly
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Weigh daily, measurements...well, I kind of keep forgetting about them, so it's been about ten weeks. And the tape is in the bathroom, so it's only my fault.
  • pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Once a week, same time, same place, same-ish clothes...
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I weight once a week, first thing Saturday mornings and I don't take measurements
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I weigh in a few times a week just to check I'm staying at the same weight. I did weigh in every day for a while but as others have said fluctuations are a bit hard to handle at times. I haven't took my measurements in a few months, I know by how my clothes fit that I'm maintaining nicely :)
  • kmorgan221
    kmorgan221 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but I don't regularly take measurements. I really need to start that, at least monthly.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure weekly.
  • mom2mcjc
    mom2mcjc Posts: 89 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I've been trying to weigh in a couple times a week, but even though I'm getting smaller, the weight has been pretty much at a standstill. Really, that's OK by me, because as long as my behaviors are on track, I know that stupid scale is just...stupid. :#

Measurements about once a month are a good idea. Any more frequently would be frustrating.
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Every Monday at first light.
  • gallifreyfallsnomore1
    Options
    I usually weigh every two weeks and measure once a month.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    once a week- same scenario every time. right after morning duties, no clothes, same scale, same place, approximate same time. Weight can fluctuate so drastically throughout the week that if I weighed daily I would go insane. I have yet to measure, but I definitely should!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Generally infrequently. I've been at this long enough that I know what my body is doing based on how I'm eating and my type/duration of exercise. I don't need a scale or a tape measure to tell me that.
  • betty_2010
    betty_2010 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    weight in every week - measurments every 4 weeks
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Weigh daily. I like it better that way. A spike really pushes me to try harder and is a motivator. Measurements are taken monthly or every two weeks.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    As you see in the responses, what works best really varies from person to person.

I weigh daily. I've been doing this for a year and a half, and in the past month I've had a couple of weeks where I got out of the habit for various reasons (vacation, replacing batteries in my scale) and I really think it's beneficial for me to keep up the DAILY weigh ins. In fact, I plan to do that for the rest of my life. I don't flip out when it's up a bit from sodium or exercise, but I notice that when I skip a couple of days I get more anxious about it and also tend to overeat thinking "oh I won't weigh for a couple of days"...bad habits for me to resume, so I plan NOT to do that anymore.

As for measuring, though...maybe once a month. Sometimes less. I tend to see a very slow downward trend in my measurements so it's more "exciting" for me to wait 6-8 weeks and be able to log 1/2 inch off my waist or something, instead of barely seeing a difference. I think this is especially true for me because I had such large changes in the beginning, due to having so much to lose.
  • JessaLee0324
    JessaLee0324 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I log my weight once a week, on Wednesdays. Between Wednesdays, I randomly hop on the scale. But I try to stay off of it as much as possible. It can have such a depressing affect on me :(