Stepping on stage, not one of my goals.

Options
I want a fitness competitors body . But I don't want to compete. Anybody else feel this way?

Replies

• rdkstar
    rdkstar Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    That's me too. I'm working for it but no desire to compete.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I am with ya', Char231023. I would be mortified to have to get on stage in a teeny tiny bikini in front of all those people judging my body. I am most definitely not a shy person, but the thought of doing a competition gives me the cold sweats!
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    yes im exactly the same. there is no way I will step on stage, too embarrassing for me, but want to look nice and muscly :smile:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    A stage ready body is impossible to maintain. It's not healthy. Having a lean and muscular body is. Don't aim to look like the girls on stage because they only look like that for a short time.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I thought I was the only one with these goals. One of the girls from the gym asked my husband when was I going to start bulking so I can compete. He told her I was going to start bulking soon, but that I don't want to compete. She got all disappointed like it was something I have to do. No that is not where I want to be I just want to look like it.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I feel the same, but you should keep in mind that even fitness competitors only look like that for a day or two and usually endure (unhealthy) extremes to hit peak for a show or photo shoot.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    My guess is that *most* people feel this way.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    The dieting preceding a competition would kill me. Kill me dead nuts dead.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Totally feel that way! I have lots of friends that compete in different divisions and I love going to the expos and shows but I have no desire to get on a stage. It always brightens my day when someone ask me if I compete then I feel like goal achieved. Lol.