Is it normal to have "squishy fat and whooshes"?

Options
2»

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    It's normal, with or without a big whoosh. I've seen it talked about in weight loss forums for 15 years, before Lyle's article (and he's referring to it being an internet topic in that). I think it happens at many fat levels. I've never had the marbley feeling some describe but it's more like marshmallow-y or watery? I used to have whooshes but anymore it seems to trickle off, not whoosh.

Lowcarbfriends forums 13 years ago used to call it jigglypuff. :)
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is pretty much how my weight loss has been going. When I read about the whoooosh I was pretty excited. I've been in the middle of a BIG holding pattern this month and expecting a whoosh in the next week or two. We shall see. This is also why I weigh and record every day, so that I can see the pattern better. I think it is very interesting!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It's normal, with or without a big whoosh. I've seen it talked about in weight loss forums for 15 years, before Lyle's article (and he's referring to it being an internet topic in that). I think it happens at many fat levels. I've never had the marbley feeling some describe but it's more like marshmallow-y or watery? I used to have whooshes but anymore it seems to trickle off, not whoosh.

Lowcarbfriends forums 13 years ago used to call it jigglypuff. :)
    Before I read about it here, I called it "jiggly", too. That's exactly what it is. Loose, jiggly, jello-like and then it falls off.

:)
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I've experienced whooshes in the past, when I cut back on my calorie intake by too much daily, and my deficit was too great. I retained so much water. Once I indulged in big meals, like a buffet (even if it was sodium-laden), I'd lose at least 3 pounds the next day. Using water/diuretic pills once in a while helped too.
  • Maryanne1923
    Maryanne1923 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I get the same pattern. Weight stays the same give or take the same 1-2 pounds for about 3 weeks. Then on the 4th week I lose 3-4 pounds. I don't get crabby that week but I do get that gnawing hungry feeling even though I'm eating in the same way as every other week. Interestingly the week I lose is usually the one after TOM.