Which holiday coming up are you most excited for and why?

Options

Replies

• KayleighIsGoingFatToFit
    Options
    Definitely Christmas and New Years :smile:
    Me and my hubby are going to New York and I can't bloody wait :smiley:
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Halloween. I love this time of year and I love scary movies.

Thanksgiving and Christmas I can do without, especially Christmas, which can die in a fire as far as I'm concerned.
  • doty0815
    Options
    Black Friday.... I wait all year.... I love getting to be rude and its ok because everyone else is just as rude >:)
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I don't like holidays because I'm forced to pretend I like my family.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Thanksgiving, because I get to go home after being gone almost 6 months, the longest I've ever ever been gone for! (Plus it will be the first time my entire family will see me since starting to lose weight, and I've lost 50 pounds!) It is a month out and I've already started my packing list on my phone. Last year I was working 2 part time jobs, thus had no PTO, so I didn't get to be at home much for the Holidays, this year I have a salaried full time job again, so I'm able to take some much needed time off for a good break!

I'm also excited about Christmas, again, with no PTO/Holiday pay last year, I hardly took any time off because I was going on a late honeymoon a week later, I was going 1 week without pay already, so I tried to limit the time away from home. (My husband is a phd student, so he gets a month off of having to report to campus and can do his research from anywhere) Needless to say, Christmas last year was just rushed and I didn't get the great time with family like I would like too. I also LOVE decorating and making my home feel like Christmas, which I didn't get to do last year since I was short on time (due to the 2 jobs), this year I plan on taking a couple days off to just relax at make our home how I would like it, something I've never done before. :)
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I'm the least exicted about Thanksgiving. I have to go to my cousins house and she totally hates me. It's an uncomfortable afternoon and I'm hoping to wake up Thanksgiving morning with a terrible cold or virus so I won't have to go.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Festivus

29509743.png
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving. All. The. Food.
  • fedup30
    fedup30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving. Because it is the holiday that is closest, and will give me some much needed vacation time...why? I am a teacher.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    My birthday.
  • jodynolte
    jodynolte Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    doty0815 wrote: »
    Black Friday.... I wait all year.... I love getting to be rude and its ok because everyone else is just as rude >:)

Bummed about this as I work retail on this day... please be nice to us...
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I guess Christmas. We don't always go to see my family for the holidays but we probably will this year.

I am not looking forward to Halloween just because of all the candy. I can only eat so much turkey or pumpkin pie but chocolate is hard for me to resist.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Halloween for the candy, Thanksgiving for the food, Christmas for the gift giving!

Also Black Friday because that's when I score all the stuff I wouldn't buy at regular price. Like my TV, I wasn't about to pay $700 for it, but $200? Yup!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas!! Doing my holiday season dance!
  • miss_rye_
    miss_rye_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I used to be all about Halloween, but this year I am just not feeling it. I literally just had to overnight costumes for my boys - they arrive today.

I am really looking forward to Christmas! I can't wait! I just love the holiday! Decorations, giving. YAY
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Christmas again, finally. :relieved: My grandpa passed away 5 days before Christmas in 2010, and ever since then, I have been completely unable to get into the Christmas spirit (Christmas was his favorite holiday). :cry: But my sister had a baby in August, so this year I get to be the doting auntie/godmother and "buy all the things" for my niece. :heart: #SpoiledPrincess
  • daveclrk58
    Options
    I don't get too excited for holiday's anymore. Of course, Christmas is still awesome. I used to get all excited about halloween but i havent got any of the decorations down this year
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I don't like holidays because I'm forced to pretend I like my family.

I have never understood why people feel the need to pretend to like people, even family. Many people in my family know I don't like them. I make no bones about it. I just basically ignore their existence at family functions as much as possible.

Back on topic, Halloween is definitely my favorite. I love dressing up!
  • Komble
    Komble Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Christmas!!!! It would be Halloween but England doesn't really celebrate Halloween :(
  • La_Malfaisante
    La_Malfaisante Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I love Christmas! It's the only time of year I get to see my while family <3 I also enjoy my grandmas cooking....